Review by raqstar1 -- Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
raqstar1
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raqstar1.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Review by raqstar1 -- Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by raqstar1 » 05 Oct 2018, 19:14

[Following is a volunteer review of "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A princess from 24 AD Britannia, who can glimpse the future, merge with animals and possibly save her people from a Roman invasion? Catrin is the youngest of her sisters, is not sure why she is different, but knows that she is. When she merges with her raven and sees an invading force working in conjunction with her evil disowned brother, Catrin knows that she must warn the king. Little does she know just how much this information will change the course of the coming days and her life. Will she be able to save her people and find love without compromising what she and her people hold sacred?

Apollo’s Raven is a wonderfully written historical romance that incorporates the myths and history of the Roman world into a compelling story. Linnea Tanner gives life to this story and weaves a tale that the reader can’t help but become involved in. The story follows two main characters, Catrin and Marcellus, who are from very different worlds. They are on opposing sides of a possible political war and must try to keep their respective countrymen safe, all while dealing with a possible budding romance. They navigate the worlds of family and politics, walking a narrow path and questioning their supposed truths in turn.

I enjoyed this story because it opens the mind to possibilities. At times, Catrin is able to view multiple outcomes based on possible actions. This made me contemplate how cause and effect are interrelated. Catrin and Marcellus are essentially forbidden fruit to one another, and yet are being pushed together by the same people who would never let them be together. I was reminded that, when we push in any one direction, we never know what the outcome will be. Be careful what you wish for...

Apollo’s Raven was extremely well written, engaging and obviously professionally edited. Characters were introduced and developed in a way that made me feel part of the family, so to speak. The thoughts and needs of the individuals are easily understood and let you feel like you are right there with them. I am anxious to read the next book. For these reasons, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

When you are in the mood for a book that covers it all – action, romance, history, fantasy, magic, and intrigue – this should be on your list of possibilities. It has something for everyone and will leave you wanting more. Lucky for you, it’s part of a series so your wish will be granted!

Apollo's Raven
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like raqstar1's review? Post a comment saying so!

Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: Call Her Miss Ross
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa » 16 Oct 2018, 17:05

A princess from 24 AD Britannia, who can glimpse the future, merge with animals and possibly save her people from a Roman invasion? Catrin is the youngest of her sisters, is not sure why she is different, but knows that she is. When she merges with her raven and sees an invading force working in conjunction with her evil disowned brother, Catrin knows that she must warn the king. Little does she know just how much this information will change the course of the coming days and her life. Will she be able to save her people and find love without compromising what she and her people hold sacred.
I don't think so she will achieve her love and safety of her people without sacrificing herself. because I have read the whole story, many reviews and also I have a review published on it. So I know it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”