Official Review: Real Principals Have No Class

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Re: Official Review: Real Principals Have No Class

Post by Sicily Joy »

Thank you for your review. It sounds like a well-written story based on the author's experiences as a teacher. It is interesting that you felt that it might be even better if it was non-fiction.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

This sounds like a good book for those who are in teaching. I agree with the reviewer that the author should have presented the book in actual memoir not in fiction.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

I'm currently trying to get a teaching degree, so I am very interested in this book. The stories sound very entertaining. Thank you!
:tiphat:
Tety
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Tety »

The review gives an insight on the activities of a daily school routine with hilarious pranks from pupils and a great teamwork by the principal and his staff.A very good read recommended for all ages.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I like this expose into the educator's world. It's interesting knowing the behind the scenes happenings in our school system. Thanks for the insightful review.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

A murderered gerbil! Uh oh! This book sounds like a lot of fun. Thank you for the review!
:techie-studyingbrown:
kgmoney
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kgmoney »

I seen it clearly that education is legacy and knowledge is power which no body can take but starting from when you are still young that is in children because all children must go through that, about the book very interesting
Clark happy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Clark happy »

This book sounds awesome, especially because its based on education, So education is a basic and fundamental foundation that people needs for a bright future....... This book is superb.
Alice Thokchom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thokchom-alice.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Alice Thokchom »

I find this book very interesting and relatable, being myself a teacher. It will be benificial. Thanks for the review.
A joke is to entertain people. If it fails to do so, it's something else!
uwehfriday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by uwehfriday »

Good vision:This book sounds awesome, especially because its based on education, So education is a basic and fundamental foundation that people needs for a bright future....... This book is superb
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

Very honest review. We all know that educators are under valued at times. We also know that in every school there is drama whether between students, teachers versus parents , and teachers against teachers. I sure could tell a lot of stories from my experiences. I am sure this book probably has some jaw dropping stories, but this book os just not one I am interested in. Congratulations on BOTD.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

I'd never know about these encounters if had not been posted to a school as part of the service to my country few years ago. Teachers generally face a few of these challenges whether they teach in a rich or poor school. It's sad that the school's community couldn't back her up. Your review is interesting and it s piqued my interest in this book.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

I don't think I'd want to be told in the beginning precisely what was going to be accomplished either. However, I do like that you can see the progression of one total event even if it means the book isn't necessarily organized by time. It sounds like a good book with something for us all to learn. Thanks.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

Where I come from teachers face lots of challenges in their lifetime of teaching. Principals got it even worse as they get to teach and manage at the same time. I think the author has done a beautiful job with this one. Thanks for the great review.
Nephyz+254
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nephyz-254.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Nephyz+254 »

A book that relates the trials and triumphs of Suzanne, principal of Baker Elementary, a school beset by poverty, hostile parents, and the constant threat of being shut down. Wow! This one sounds great. Although I'm not a teacher, but I'm generally interested in the premise of this book and hope it will make me familiar with what teachers always go through while practicing their profession.

Return to “Historical Fiction”