Official Review: Real Principals Have No Class

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Re: Official Review: Real Principals Have No Class

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

I sampled the book on Amazon. This is a story of an educator specifically a principal of a school who shares her experience of being in the profession. As mentioned in the review by HRichards, even I could also empathize with the challenges that an educator faces. This seems a nice read which has instances of humor as well. Cheers :) :)
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Inspection
Bookshelf Size: 3836
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I love school. Always have since I was a child. I have made it a point to stress the importance with my own kids. Any book that shares a story about saving a school is a winner in my book. After reading your thoughts, I do tend to agree that the memoir route might have been a better way, but still can't discount such an important topic. Thank you for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1880
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

Nice to learn in the 'Official Review: Real Principals Have No Class by DeLene Sholes' that the reviewer of the book belongs to the author's stream of profession! The review is a detailed one and very satisfying! The work of the author in the field of education and academic excellence is completely acknowledged and assessed!
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

The title of the book is both 'catchy' and true. Suzanne has a strong will, down to earth and willing to fight for the good of the society. It's unfortunate that the parents and board members did not give her the support that she needed to develop the school.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

This book truly sounds interesting, and I think that we really need works that draw attention to the plight of underfunded schools pretty badly right now. I think this book could also help all of us appreciate teachers and principals a little better and become more understanding of their situations. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

Educators are quite hidden figures at times and when you think about it, they are raising and teaching children skills which can last a lifetime. With all the union issues we have going in NZ at the moment, this seems like it covers quite key topics which are hot here. A teacher's job has changed so much over the years and I think this would be an interesting read.
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

I am happy to know the author has narrated many of her own experiences in the novel Real Principals Have No Class. Except for sharing a few irrelevant details, the book appears a good read. The novel describes the difficulties generally faced by school teachers and principals. I liked your review.
Mabikaji
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mabikaji »

I relate so much with the book n I also like the view I can't wait to read this book
booklover_228
Currently Reading:

Post by booklover_228 »

Awesome review! The way you describe the book makes me want to read it as well. 😀
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

Being an educator in Africa this book reflects more or less what is happening here. Everything that is happening in Africa's politics, healthcare, food security etc is the result of a flawed education system. I am touched. Thank you for reviewing this book and thanks to the author.
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

Sounds relatable even am not a teacher. Everyone who has been a primary student has done such things and the teachers face the same problems. Hope this book provides a great read.
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
tranquilwaters86+2
Currently Reading: Real Principals Have No Class
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tranquilwaters86-2.html
Latest Review: Together by Claire Youmans

Post by tranquilwaters86+2 »

Real Principals Have No Class by Delene Sholes, sounds an interesting read. Reading the sample and reading this review made me decide to read it. It was like watching a television show.

The review itself is compelling. If I hadn't read the first few pages of the book first, reading this review would make me read the book. More power to the author and reviewer.
:tiphat:
Suksgroup

Post by Suksgroup »

Motivating. It makes one get out of the comfort zone and wish to accomplish something meaningful that may bring change
modupereb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-modupereb.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by modupereb »

Good review. As an educator too, I must read this book to acquire more experience.
inelly zulu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by inelly zulu »

:D good review .as upcoming educator thank you :

Return to “Historical Fiction”