Review by Mish Elle -- The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Mish Elle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mish-elle.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Review by Mish Elle -- The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Mish Elle » 10 Sep 2018, 10:16

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

While spending time in war and completing missions, Jamie and Jacko met some allies along the way and had some of their help in accomplishing a few of their challenging tasks. Being vigilant in knowing who their enemies were and planning on how to capture them one by one, they displayed various tricks so that their true identities will not be exposed. After experiencing an unexpected betrayal, they were devastated and could not believe that one of the people that they were looking for was just under their noses and they were not able to capture him. Years passed and the two were still a team under the Commonwealth Investigation Service assigned in Australia. They were tasked to find two persons of interest and stumbled upon a gang suspected of various crimes. These two persons of interest were believed to be a part of this gang so they went looking for them in various counties. As they went on their journey, a few people joined and helped them to capture these suspected criminals.

A story about two young fellows who met in an unfortunate situation and developed camaraderie unlike no other, the Warramunga’s War by Greg Kater offers an entertaining and one of a kind read. It is one of the most interesting stories that I had the privilege to experience. It is definitely a page turner. Honestly I do not even know how to start my review since I truly like this book so much that I had very limited adjectives to use, all on the positive side. I am amazed by the flow of the events in the book and by the characters’ temperament and I particularly love Jacko.

Having the story set up in the early 20th century inspires me to review some world history materials. The events that occurred and the missions that they accomplish get me excited to know what will happen next, if they will succeed or if their enemies will discover their true identities and operation. Another exciting thing is the identities of their true enemies that pretend to be as one of them. The twists and revelations of the story incite one’s imagination to work in figuring out who is who and what will happen next. The blooming love interest in the story is also one of the things to look forward to. There is no dull moment and you can’t help but add another chapter on your to-be-read goal for the day.

I like everything in the book – from the way Jamie and Jacko met, to their mission in Egypt and meeting different people including some lovely ladies, and until their assignment under the Commonwealth Investigation Service. If there is one thing that I am not satisfied, it is the lack of narrative for Jamie and Jacko’s “love life.” But of course I can’t expect the author to concentrate on this area since basically the story is not about it.

To sum it all up, I would give this a rating of 4 out of 4. I am more of a romance novel fan but this book made me want to read other stories with similar genre. It gives the reader the right amount of thrill and delight at the same time. The humor in the book lightens the mood given that the story is more on the battle era. I am already promoting this book to my family and friends and letting them know that they will not regret it if they purchase the book.

The Warramunga's War
View: on Bookshelves

Like Mish Elle's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”