Official Review: The Assassination File by Gordon Mack

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Official Review: The Assassination File by Gordon Mack

Post by topdan30 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Assassination File" by Gordon Mack.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Assassination File is a novel by Gordon Mack. It is a historical fiction novel. The book is 151 pages and it is divided into book one and two. The book 1 started in 1963 and book 2 in 1991. Both of the books follow the same storyline and complement each other. The book has graphic scenes but no sexual ones. Thus, I will recommend this novel to lovers of a good historical fiction novel.

President John F. Kennedy, one of the most popular presidents of the modern era was assassinated in Dealey Plaza. After his assassination, different committees were set up to investigate. One of these committees met in secrecy. This secret committee was led by a high-ranking senator named Robert Jennings.

Senator Robert Jennings insisted that all findings and data about the assassination should be recorded. The recorded file was named “Assassination File”. The file was meant to be kept secret but someone broke rank and now the file is missing. Senator Jennings vows to recover the file at all cost. If the file is out to the world, there will be a political crisis. The fight to keep the file a secret started and people who had access to the file are now in danger. Who broke rank? Where is the file? Will it be recovered or revealed to the world?

The book provided interesting characters, from the beginning of the book until the end. Characters like Ryan, Johnny, Dudley, and Yuri were interesting to read about. Each character was rightly detailed in order to carry readers along. I enjoyed reading Ryan’s character. He is a man with humour and one who likes carrying his team along on every detail. Their safety is his priority. His character develops continuously as the story continues.

The storyline the author provided was interesting and easy to understand. There were assassination, murder, politics, kidnapping, and lot more. The story indeed touched many aspects.

The book was professionally edited. There were some missing quotations, which did not affect the story and its readability. The author at a point in the book began using the first and last name of Ryan Quinn interchangeably. This became confusing as it was sometimes used in the same paragraph.

I enjoyed the book in its totality. The characters, the infiltration of Camp Johnson, and the details of the kidnapping of Carnes all made the book enjoyable. Therefore, I rate The Assassination File 4 out of 4 stars.

The Assassination File
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like topdan30's review? Post a comment saying so!
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

I was tempted to review this book and, based on your review, I might select it if it comes up again - I love the intrigue of a good political drama 8)
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

It's great to hear that the character development was done well and that the plot was easy to understand. Not sure how I feel about the graphic scenes, but I'm glad that you found this to be a good historical fiction novel! Thank you for sharing!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

I feel the person who took the file must be an insider(my thoughts). Sounds like an interesting read.
topdan30
Currently Reading:

Post by topdan30 »

Julie Green wrote: 03 Sep 2018, 14:00 I was tempted to review this book and, based on your review, I might select it if it comes up again - I love the intrigue of a good political drama 8)
Its really an enjoyable book, you will sure like it. Thanks for reading and commenting
topdan30
Currently Reading:

Post by topdan30 »

hsimone wrote: 04 Sep 2018, 02:19 It's great to hear that the character development was done well and that the plot was easy to understand. Not sure how I feel about the graphic scenes, but I'm glad that you found this to be a good historical fiction novel! Thank you for sharing!
Thanks for reading and commenting
topdan30
Currently Reading:

Post by topdan30 »

C-Extra22 wrote: 04 Sep 2018, 03:22 I feel the person who took the file must be an insider(my thoughts). Sounds like an interesting read.
Your thouth is right. It is an intersting read. Thanks for reading and commenting
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

I can see how the events of 1963 lead to an historical fiction novel but how does 1991 play into the story? Sounds interesting as I love historical fiction as a way of learning history. I appreciate your review and I'll keep this book in mind if it becomes available again.
sharkyjen998
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharkyjen998.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by sharkyjen998 »

Thank you for your review of this book. It sounds really good to me, so I'm going to add it to my "want to read" shelf.
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Post by Morgan Jones »

Sadly, I don't enjoy political dramas, so I'll have to skip this one. You did an excellent job with this review!
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This sounds like a fascinating read with an intriguing premise and character cast. Thanks for the review.
topdan30
Currently Reading:

Post by topdan30 »

jcoad wrote: 06 Sep 2018, 20:09 I can see how the events of 1963 lead to an historical fiction novel but how does 1991 play into the story? Sounds interesting as I love historical fiction as a way of learning history. I appreciate your review and I'll keep this book in mind if it becomes available again.
Thanks for reading and commenting
topdan30
Currently Reading:

Post by topdan30 »

sharkyjen998 wrote: 06 Sep 2018, 21:47 Thank you for your review of this book. It sounds really good to me, so I'm going to add it to my "want to read" shelf.
Am glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for commenting
topdan30
Currently Reading:

Post by topdan30 »

Morgan Jones wrote: 06 Sep 2018, 22:24 Sadly, I don't enjoy political dramas, so I'll have to skip this one. You did an excellent job with this review!
Thanks much i appreciate
topdan30
Currently Reading:

Post by topdan30 »

gen_g wrote: 06 Sep 2018, 23:21 This sounds like a fascinating read with an intriguing premise and character cast. Thanks for the review.
It sure is. The author did a good job. Thanks for reading and commenting

Return to “Historical Fiction”