Official Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Re: Official Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by dragonet07 »

I really can't pass up a book like this. Historical fiction, fantasy, Romans, and Celts? Honestly, it doesn't get any better than that from my perspective. I'll have to read the first book, though, to make sure I don't miss out on anything (and I hate reading books out of order). Thank you for the thorough and helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
PriyankaBhowmick
Favorite Book: Damn the cancer
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka-bhowmick.html
Latest Review: White Night by J.J. Holt

Post by PriyankaBhowmick »

Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner-- the cover picture of this book looking so historical. I am not a much fan of history or romance but the story was too good to me. Language is too easy to understand this book. I like this book.
David Koreas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-koreas.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by David Koreas »

Cartrin is in a difficult situation. She is forced into choosing between Love and responsility for his kingdom. She is a princess and her people look up to her. Her father's life depends on it. At the same time, her love for Marcellus is unnegotiable. Will she chose love over her kindom and her father's life or vice versa? I don't know what I would have done if I found myself in such a scenario.
Lil Reads
Currently Reading: Chip&rsquo;s World: Complex #31 and The Caretaker
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lil-reads.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Lil Reads »

I already liked the sample of Apollo's Raven and this one looks promising as well, especially because Catrin's half-brother and his family seem to play major roles in the conflict between the Romans and Celts.
:coffee3-smiley: :auto-mysterymachine:
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I'm so glad to hear that this is as good as the first book! I absolutely love Celtic myths and legends and when they are mixed with historical elements, even better. So looking forward to starting this series! Thanks for your detailed and insightful review!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Ricky 7
Currently Reading: The Cult Next Door
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ricky-7.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Ricky 7 »

To say the truth i don't think this book may be of my kind. Said something about complexity in putting it down, i really do wana read it knowing that writing the review will be hectic.
Otherwise the review is a superb one. Thanks
Aditi1992
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi1992.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Aditi1992 »

Thanks for the review. It would be a great love story of Catrin and Marcellus where both of them are torn between duty and love for each other. I am not a big fan of historical genre but the entire series seems fantastic.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I have not yet had the opportunity to read Tanner's books,but Apollo's Raven is already in my to-be-read list. This second book of the series also deals with similar themes, all of which are my favourites! So it is only natural that I would love reading this. Glad to know that this one surpassed your expectations, because very often the high standard set by the first book is not met by the following one. Thanks for the very thorough review!
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

An imposible love story between Celtic and Roman torn apart between duty and love. Could the princess break the curse that will finish her father? Let's find out.
Obaks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Obaks »

An exciting blend of Celtic and Roman cultures! This has sparked my interest, I want to read the book series!
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

Is this the continuation of Apollo's Raven? Then there's no way I can bypass this one. I've been a fan of the series! The reviews score the series highly and I am interested in all the different cross over genres so I think I'll be thoroughly satisfied. You did a beautiful job on the review. It's very thorough and helpful. Thank you
Ravinder+Kaur
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravinder-kaur.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: Kindle

Post by Ravinder+Kaur »

Historical fiction is not my favourite genre though, but your thoroughly informative review makes this book seem quite enchanting. Thanks for the review.
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Waragu Samuel »

It is not an easy job to master the multiple narrative threads, but Linnea Tanner succeeds in keeping everything in control and adding unexpected twists and turns of the plot
I totally agree. To be able to follow a plot with multiple narratives without getting lost is not an easy thing.Thanks for this review.
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The book sounds interesting with multiple themes and with twists and turns. Fans of this genre would enjoy it.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

Great review. I'm not a huge fan of historical fiction though so I'm not sure this would be something I am interested in. I can see how others who enjoy this genre would be though as it appears to be very action packed with lots of characters and imagination.

Return to “Historical Fiction”