Official Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Allyseria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allyseria.html
Latest Review: Choosing Happiness by Emily Hunter Slingluff

Re: Official Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Allyseria »

Thank you for your review! It's great to see that there are many strong female characters in this book :) I agree that it's hard to do multiple narrative threads well, so I'm glad that this book did it very well. I love reading about political alliances and backstabbing - it almost has a Game of Thrones feel! I'm sure I'd like the book.
Sumbule1
Currently Reading: The Five Musketeers
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumbule1.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Sumbule1 »

The novel forms part of my interest,The book is suitable for all level of readers,it a perfect one to go through.
sarik
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sarik »

I am delighted with author. I love about novel. The book seems interesting. In this book read story easy. In This sounds like a very interesting series.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Thanks for the hearty and strong recommendation to read this book. I am convinced that this is worth reading. It is nice to note that the author was able to surpass expectations as set by the previous book. Too unfortunate that I have not read any of them but I will have to. Nice review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
sarik

Post by sarik »

I am interested in this story and enjoying. I will definitely be following this series but all in all this is a great review. I will appreciate your review. Thanks
AlbertaEducator

Post by AlbertaEducator »

This extensive review provides enough detail to interest a potential reader, but avoids the common pitfall of including spoilers which may turn a reader off. I am an avid reader of fantasy and a student of Roman history, so a story that has elements of dynastic combination and supernatural forces does appeal to me. The fact that it is a part of a four book series both appeals to me and also puts me off a bit. If it is good, then I have three other books to read, but if I don`t love it I might still want to read the other three books to get the complete story. For the moment I won`t be adding this to my reading list, but I will keep it in mind for when I have a bit more time for pleasure reading.
liftedbooks
Currently Reading: The Ansgar Treasury
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liftedbooks.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by liftedbooks »

I have not read Apollo's Raven and I always prefer to read series in sequence. This book sounds great though so when I am finished with the first one I will definitely read it. Thank you for the thorough review!
britt13
Currently Reading: the last of the really great wangdoodlea
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britt13.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by britt13 »

This is not a time period that interests me much to begin with so that, paired with it being a sequel, is the reason I do not think that this one will be for me. I did think that the first book was good based on the sample, but it is not enough to make me want to read.
Avorgah Noble
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Avorgah Noble »

This So amazing, is just like a dram come true. Thanks to the author of the book, even though am not into history, I really enjoyed my myself, I think I have to recommend this book to my Mum
CryptQueen
Currently Reading: Working Stiff
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cryptqueen.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Post by CryptQueen »

This seems like a setting that I would like. Would have to read the first book though.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

Thanks for the great review. I love historical fiction and this one throws in forbidden love and friendship into the mix. This goes to my want to read shelf.
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

Fiction is always interesting. The love story of Catrin and Marcellus looks exquisite. I would love to read and recommend it to others. Congrats on BOTD.
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

I really like the clash of civilisations explored in this series. I could wish each book stood better alone, though.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

The plot sounds captivating. Political intrigue, cultural and military clash is a treat. I will add the book to my book shelf. Great review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
ALANSHAMA

Post by ALANSHAMA »

It is a great journey on self-discovery that blends ancient tradition with current happenings, the use of charms to gain love and the consulting of mediums for revenge all spell out ancient practices. This is a great review, I would definitely add this book to my shelf.

Return to “Historical Fiction”