Official Review: Upside Down by Denny Cope

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Re: Official Review: Upside Down by Denny Cope

Post by CommMayo »

kfwilson6 wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 13:03 Humble pie made with an actual sponge; that is hilarious. Some girls are quite feisty. Diana sounds like an amazing character. No wonder Devin wanted more than a childhood friendship. I would be nervous about the tragedy too. The first book I reviewed had an absolutely horrifying scene with a young child that has stuck with me the past 7 months since I read it. Some writers really kick you in the gut with emotion.
One of the cutest parts of the book is how oblivious Devin is to Diana wanting to be more than friends. It really is a heartwarming story...if only it weren't for the big anvil hanging over everyone's head. The worst part is that it is based on true events. I really, really hope the author isn't actually Devin.
sharkyjen998
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharkyjen998.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by sharkyjen998 »

Thank you for your detailed review of this book. You are an amazing writer yourself, so I'll take your word for it when you say the writing style never lagged and flowed beautifully. I haven't read too many books centered around the 1960's, so I may have to give this one a try.
labibliofile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-labibliofile.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by labibliofile »

I love the fact that this book deviates from being about romance and the fact that it focuses on the difference between love and friendship! Plus, the added humour is a bonus! This book seems like something I would definitely enjoy! Thank you for the recommendation!
"Growth is the essence of life."

Return to “Historical Fiction”