Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 30 Aug 2018, 12:03
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 18
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-psamy.html
- Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin
Though I'm not a feminist, I love books that inspire women.Nice read.
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 05 Apr 2018, 20:23
- 2018 Reading Goal: 30
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 36
- Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
- Bookshelf Size: 47
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
- Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
- Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
Thank you for the great review. Your review was very touching. This seems to be a very interesting book which does focus on women trying to prove themselves in a male dominated world. I will add this one to my list
- Posts: 1112
- Joined: 05 May 2018, 06:36
- 2018 Reading Goal: 12
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 116
- Currently Reading: The Force Awakens
- Bookshelf Size: 87
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
- Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji
There are times in our lives when we encounter challenges that, for some, could become seemingly too insurmountable. Overcoming the odds - which could be at times based on gender, colour, race, social status, religious beliefs, or any other circumstance unduly or unjustly hampered by prevailing biases, prejudices or stereotypes - would indeed be a great feat. You've just made this book seem to have the answers on how people could be empowered to do what they were initially thought not to be capable of. Thank you for your insightful review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 22:28
- 2018 Reading Goal: 50
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 138
- Favorite Book: And Then I Met Margaret
- Currently Reading: The Mansion
- Bookshelf Size: 122
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
- Latest Review: Trading E-Mini Stock Index Futures by Dr. Dennis B. Anderson
Wow! You liked this book enough to put it on your top five list says a lot. Jenny is a woman stunt pilot back in the 1920's. It is interesting that the author used historical facts correctly and that she even captured the New York way of talking in the book. Good review!
- Posts: 297
- Joined: 07 Sep 2018, 06:17
- Favorite Book: Smith
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 48
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
- Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
- Reading Device: 1400698987
What a great review! To end up on the top 5 favorite books that you've read no less. Good to see that the author had the time period down authentically. Science fiction in the future- it's easy whose to say what they will have then. But, when writing of a certain era it is good to have the facts straight and the readers may even learn a little on the way.