Review by livingstone kim -- The Warramunga's War

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
livingstone kim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livingstone-kim.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Review by livingstone kim -- The Warramunga's War

Post by livingstone kim » 04 Aug 2018, 05:24

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In the book The Warramunga’s War, the story is created out of fiction regarding war and espionage. The two primary characters in the story include Corporal Jack O’Brien and Lieutenant James Munro. It’s a fiction book that describes the two characters while together with the Australian army who involved in the war against the Nazi Vichy French in Lebanon and Syria. Soon after the campaigns ended in Syrian, both Munro and O’Brien were promoted. The promotion allowed them for being part of the troop that went to Egypt as Army’s intelligence agency in the capital.

Together with other operators, they engaged in a mission which involved neutralizing and detecting the German agents had contacts with Commander Rommel of the Africa Corps. Cairo the capital city the place where the entire agents from Italy, German, and British, and others operated with the mission much to organize the wars plans and other secrets agents to inform their masters. Thus the story creates humor regarding whether Jack and James will be successful in their mission. The story describes the journey from Australia to Cairo.

The author is so creative and provides an exciting twist so first paced and solid. The story features emissaries, adventures and mysterious crime. He writes the story in the third person point of view. However, the novel explores themes of love, dedication, teamwork and determination. Being absorbing and suspenseful the author critically wrote a beautiful story hence being easy to read as it is full of captivating historical details. Imaginatively, the story describes a fair account of the pyramids in Egypt, i.e. structures at Giza and Sphinx.

Additionally, the setting of the history is excellent and compelling narration. The books have few errors to be criticized. Though some readers might not have an interest in this book, on my side, I never notice any boring part. Being a fun of fiction stories. The book illustrates the message to live in peace and harmony through togetherness. In the book, The Warramunga's War also describes the importance of trust by mentioning about Bill having an excellent black staff who have stuck and well trained as his wife states concerning their organization. The team is trusted and believed to adapt the new environment since anyone can manage.

Alongside with what makes the story to be more charming, is the author’s gentle humor and creative writing. In my perspective, I am encouraged by the way Greg has teamed the characters in orders to manage into a common goal. Thus I commend Greg’s work for the significant knowledge of the army and the great wars. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars due to its balanced characterization, as it entails sufficient and enthralling narration, actions and conversations. Thus so worthwhile and engaging. Undoubtedly it is a feast of historical fiction fans blended up with romance and mystery. The book is so specific about the wars Jamie and Jack participated in. Hence, I recommend the book to any reader who are fun of fiction history stories.

The Warramunga's War
View: on Bookshelves

Like livingstone kim's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”