Review by danopsy -- The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
danopsy
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 9
Favorite Book: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danopsy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Review by danopsy -- The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by danopsy » 09 Jul 2018, 12:29

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Warramungas War is a novel by Greg Kater. It is a work of historical fiction with a little bit of romance and has well known historical characters. The book started in 1941 with Lieutenant James Munro with the nickname Jamie who was part of the army unit attached to the 25th battalion fighting the pro-Nazi Vichy French in Syria and Lebanon. Jamie got pinned down by enemy’s machine gun and was saved by Corporal Jack O’Brien also known as Jacko who shot them down with his sense of direction which he believed he inherited as an half Warramunga.

With the Syrian campaign over, Jamie was sent to Cairo to be liaising with a British MI6 operative. Jamie haven lost his senior sergeant decided to take along with him the newly found friend Jacko who had saved his life in Syria by carrying him on his shoulder after he was hit with friendly fire. Their job was to detect and then apprehend, neutralize or, if necessary, kill any German agents who are in contact with Rommel’s Afrika Korps. Jamie, Jacko and the MI6 operative took to their job of neutralizing German agents in Cairo and also got involved in an investigation of series of similar murders which involves six young girls who were all raped, strangled to death either during or after the rape, were all left face up with the lower parts of their bodies exposed and their underpants ripped off and left underneath their heads after death.

The book brought into details how they carried out their job, the investigation, their love life, their rise in rank, and other missions.

The book was full of detailed and exciting Characters. There were so many aspect of the book I enjoyed. The introduction of little French in their conversations which acted as spice, the numerous humor in the book which left me in stitches, the introduction of history about so many things which kept me updated just to name a few. This book is perfect for almost all range of people because of its details and humor. Though the book is not for fantasy lovers but it worth a read by all and I Strongly recommend it for lovers of Historical fiction.

This book was professionally edited and the word flows into the heart of readers. Was really impressed by how well the book turns out despite it been the first book of the author. There is no inappropriate sex even though there was violence. The book also presented a music sheet for a song composed in between the story to allow music lovers sing in tune with the lyrics provided. I find no flaws with The Warramungas War, and there for I am rating it 4 out of 4 stars.

The Warramunga's War
View: on Bookshelves

Like danopsy's review? Post a comment saying so!

Mmg8464
2019 Reading Goal: 60
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 90
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 28
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmg8464.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Mmg8464 » 04 Nov 2018, 09:49

I love spy stories and historical fiction so this is a good fit for me. Jaime and Jackp seems like great characters. It’s nice that a musical piece is even included in the book! Thanks for your review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”