Review by rdenton0605 -- Yesterday by Samyann

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rdenton0605
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rdenton0605.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Review by rdenton0605 -- Yesterday by Samyann

Post by rdenton0605 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Yesterday is a compelling story of heartbreak, love, and life. It delves into the story of Amanda Parker, a young woman who has witnessed the pain that this world can bring. She has had some very rough times which have led her to push others away for fear of losing them, too.

Through unexpected circumstances she meets Mark Callahan, a Chicago police officer. Their paths intertwine, leaving both with the feeling that they've known each other before, maybe even in a past life. Will Amanda find out how she "knows" this complete stranger or will the fear of losing yet another loved one be too much to handle?

Samyann has created a charming, love story that connects periods of history in such a unique way. She uses her words to paint clear and detailed images in this novel. This book not only gives us a passionate, love story, but it also brings to light the issue of dealing with grief and death. As the main character struggles with the death of those around her, she has become somewhat cold and cut off from the world. Although Amanda starts out fearing the loss of anyone else in her life, the book ends with an encouraging message of hope and stresses the importance of continuing to love others despite the worry of losing them.

I am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars! It was exciting, fast-paced, and intriguing. It pulled me into the story. I couldn't put the book down. I wanted to find out more about the characters. At first, I saw that this book was about reincarnation. I was a little unsure that I would enjoy it. However, reincarnation wasn't approached in a cheesy or weird way in Yesterday. The book really brought the saying "it's a small world" to life, as it showed the crossing of paths and the connections that are all around us.

I loved how the author uses real pieces of history to spin together this tale. I enjoyed the weaving of time periods. With flashbacks to the Civil War and the Great Chicago Fire any history lover will appreciate the accurate details Samyann includes in the text. Yesterday has action scenes, romance scenes, and bits of comedy mingled in. This book would appeal to a wide variety of readers. I am not sure how many guys would like it since it is primarily a love story, but I do think that if readers will give this book a chance that they will be pleasantly surprised.

I would highly recommend this book. It will take you on an exciting journey through time to discover that those we love and lose never truly leave us.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like rdenton0605's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”