Official Review: Kamel by Charles J Haubner III

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Re: Official Review: Kamel by Charles J Haubner III

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is a heartfelt historical fiction story set in world war 1 that I loved reading and rated 3 out of 4 stars. The book is free on Amazon Kindle and has a very inciteful onlinebookclub review. Congrats on being the BOTD
Rosie_47
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rosie_47 »

So far so good, I love historical fiction books when your reading them it just feels right! :D
zahidkakar
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by zahidkakar »

A real story of a French boy and world war I. There were realy huge destruction in that war. Many families have to abandon their homes.
Olami2000

Post by Olami2000 »

I love this book it's great, when I say great it's written with a lot of compassion kudos to the writer
zahidkakar
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by zahidkakar »

This was a French boy real story during Warld War I. Every one must read it. It is very emotiinal story.
kate_nguyen
Currently Reading: Alexis Zorba
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-nguyen.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by kate_nguyen »

Historical books are challenging but always intruging. So glad that I grew up in a peaceful environment rather than war time like in "Kamel"
Jolie ann Vargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Jolie ann Vargas »

Wow! I thought that the story is boring and I was planning to ignore it but thanks to the review! 👍👍👍
I'm still reading the book out of curiousity and it was great!
Worth of time spent!
Waqar725

Post by Waqar725 »

Hi like the historic stories. And this story was interesting but was the mistakes of grammar so i would like to give 3 out of 4 ..
tinz2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by tinz2018 »

Kamel
A historical fiction, it seems the author Charles J. Haubner 111 , concluded the story of Kamel a brave young man, seems he lost everything, when their country was attacked by the enemy during world war 1, his tragedy in life pushed him to join the battle for victory, his return to his land meeting Meya, his childhood and classmate, inspires him with hope and love afterall.
tinz2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by tinz2018 »

The story of Kamel, lost his parents during the world war 1 when their country was attacked by the enemy, he experienced lots of struggle, a survivor, pushed him ro join the battle for victory. Remembered Meya, his teenage classmate, his returned home met Meya, The warmt embrace of Meya inspires him with love and hope afterall
sherriff+254

Post by sherriff+254 »

well, the book is boring at first,but it gets interesting realizing kamel a young boy who anxious
to explore the world, unfortunately there turn of events instead of hunting with his grandfather he end up running for his life in the middle of the war zone. historical fiction book relates to my life as was growing in my early teen age.
Chanti Stargirl
Currently Reading: The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanti-stargirl.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Chanti Stargirl »

This book sounds like it will tug at the heartstrings. I'll definitely give it a read. Thank you for the review.
Dan_A
Currently Reading: Be strong
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-a.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dan_A »

War in itself is horrible. I have watched films and documentaries about war and what it did to the soldiers and people involved, it's awful.
War is ever present, every day in the media.
The author plunged us into the story of one young boy who yearn to escape his every day life. But he wasn't prepared for the war but he has ni choice but fighting to survive like all these people trapped in wars.
Shazywithbooks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazywithbooks.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Shazywithbooks »

The change in transition from childhood to adulthood, though Kamel wished for it, came in the worst form possible for him. This captivates me. It shows how we should appreciate the here and now, for we never know what the future has in store. I love historical fiction and sure would love to read Kamel. Thanks for the wonderful review.
jhomarcams26
Currently Reading: Mistress Suffragette
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by jhomarcams26 »

Historical books are challenging but always intruging. So glad that I grew up in a peaceful environment rather than war time like in "Kamel"

Return to “Historical Fiction”