Official Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fatimabashir
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War

Post by Fatimabashir »

Good one. It clearly shows that book is recommended to all the readers who are interested in mystery and suspense stories. This review balance the good and bad points of the story together so wisely as this review had honesty commented on the dialogue structure and description as well.
klwoodford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klwoodford.html
Latest Review: Pembrim by Bree Lenehan

Post by klwoodford »

Oh my goodness, the story sounds super interesting! I'm glad they the first book sony essential to understanding the story, and I also appreciate that this hook has some comical bits. Thank you for the review!
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

An interesting sequel to a great WWII spy novel. The consistency of the characters and the development of the plot makes the reader want to read the third installment. Well done.
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

Looking forward to seeing how this book continues. I glad to hear that it is easily engaging, but I'm hoping that the dialogue won't be too bad.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
kaymontacell
Currently Reading: Becoming the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaymontacell.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by kaymontacell »

Great review! I'm surprised a book would go there so quickly into the terrifying yet real world of child trafficking. I could only wonder how they deal with it and whether it is dealt with a gentle or heavy hand. Interesting book, though I don't know if I'll ever get to it.
"No way but forward!"
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater', is expressive and describes the interesting parts of the book! Such a description will make the book, the first choice of the reader! Indeed a detailed and refreshing look into the book!
Yssimnar
Favorite Book: Wives and Daughters
Currently Reading: No Man Knows My History
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yssimnar.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by Yssimnar »

This is a well-written review! Reading the sample got my attention. There weren't any cliches and the description of the boats seemed to come from someone who understands it. I don't know much about ships, so I was a little lost at first, but the dialogue started early and drew me in.
:wink:
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin
iampallabisarkar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by iampallabisarkar »

Thanks for the detailed review. Would like to add this book in my want to read bookshelf.
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Sicily Joy »

Thanks for a detailed review that highlights the good parts and weakness of the story. It must have been good writing since the author managed to incorporate humor into a story dealing with war and child trafficking.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

From the review, I already like the character of Jacko and his tracking skills. I also like that the characters are well fleshed out. Great review.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Thanks for the review, I found it very well thought-out. It is a given that the adventures and the thrill of the investigations will appeal to me, but the two parts of the book, one dealing with finding out the criminals and the other dealing with the task of tracking them were quite interesting. Another point you mentioned is absolutely true that is we don't talk like we write. Generally in most of the stories, the dialogue is what propels me forward, while the descriptions part makes me slower. It is curious that in this book it is reversed. However, I am already reading the previous book and after that I'll continue with this one.
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

Thank you for the detailed review. I just don't see myself reading a book with this plot. It is interesting though to know what happened after the world war. But not my cup of tea. Kudos for a job well done though.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

Here's a story set in Australia in the aftermath of WWII. Two army generals are caught up in the hunt of the criminals behind child trafficking. The book also gives the reader a treat of the Australian and Philippines sights and sounds throughout the story. Too bad about the unnatural dialogues, but besides that, a great read!
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by 0726356433 »

I've read chapter one of this book, I can't wait to read the second part. It's detailed and I most certainly relate to Jacko. my only issue is that when reading a true event story based on another country might be a bit hard to comprehend.
Deepanchakravarthy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Deepanchakravarthy »

The term pedophile which makes an awareness of Dark side and the characters of this adventures, jack and jamia which moves the story forward and the description in details :techie-studyinggray: which gives better idea to imagine. 2.5/5

Return to “Historical Fiction”