Official Review: Stone Circle by Kate Murdoch

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Re: Official Review: Stone Circle by Kate Murdoch

Post by gen_g »

Sahar Majid wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 04:04 I'm glad that the characters seem to have a lot of depth, and are even realistic to a degree. I was particularly impressed when you said that Nichola isn't exactly black or white, and that's very important for me as a reader to see that the author understands human nature. I do wish there was more of a mention of strong female characters but that's okay.

Thank you for the wonderful review!
I totally agree; furthermore, most people are neither 100% black or white, and I'm glad that this translated well in the book. Thanks for stopping by!
TheRVMom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thervmom.html
Latest Review: Undead Redhead by Jen Frankel

Post by TheRVMom »

I find it irritating when authors rush things near the end. It's like they have a deadline and have to "wrap it up". Sounds like an interesting read. Nice review!
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

TheRVMom wrote: 16 Nov 2018, 00:33 I find it irritating when authors rush things near the end. It's like they have a deadline and have to "wrap it up". Sounds like an interesting read. Nice review!
I agree with you! Nonetheless, it was still a lovely book to read, overall. Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate it!

Return to “Historical Fiction”