Official Review: The McTavish Regressions

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Re: Official Review: The McTavish Regressions

Post by Vickie Noel »

I'm kinda in the middle here. I don't believe in past life and actually thought the book set out to refute its claims. As that isn't the case, I felt my interest wane. On the other hand, I'm a lover of historical fiction and psychology so that part of me is curious about the relationship between past life and the genre itself. Perhaps, reading the sample will pitch me into one camp fully. Thanks for the honest review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

I have read on Past life regression before and I enjoyed. This has a certain edge that I have to explore. I like your review as its captivating and detailed.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Good review. Sounds interesting. A twist to past lives in that it was a deliberate journey instead of accidentally finding out.
osei55
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by osei55 »

:P thank you very much for education and everything
keepitup
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

I don't really care if the book is too short. I've read so many beautiful reviews about. I ain't gonna hesitate to read this. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about it.
Aditi1992
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi1992.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Aditi1992 »

Past life regression always amazes me as it must provides so many answers an individual should have regarding his/her present. Like Laura, who is on a wheelchair but wants to be a dancer and nothing else. She must have suffered an injury due to dancing in her past life maybe. This must be a really informative and interesting book.
mallikpriyanka
Favorite Book: Bet On Yourself
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mallikpriyanka »

The McTavish Regressions Arabesque written by McTavish & Buret

McTavish. The McTavish Regressions: Arabesque - while reading this book i have learned many different things like
relaxsation is very important for our brain and body as well,and i also understand why should people undergo past life regression?,as well as what are benefits of our experienced.Thank u for giving this book to read.
MiziS_1305
Favorite Book: The Lost Symbol
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mizis-1305.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by MiziS_1305 »

I love to read about past life stories. I have always had proclivity for stories switching between two lives. The most appreciable part of the book is that the book is short. Feeling of deja vu is quite common for almost everyone though we know it has never happened in our life. So, I want to pick this book up for reading. Thanks for such an informative review!!!
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

I sampled the book on Amazon. The main theme of the book is past life regression. Dr. McTavish, (author of the book) is a psychology professional who explores the past lives of his patients. The first few chapters were confusing to me which can be a pointer to the writing style. Though one who wishes can continue to read the rest of the book which relates to the fascinating science of past life.
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

Very interesting theme. Past life is very controversial. I really don't believe in that but it doesn't mean I would like to learn more about this method. The thing I love about this book is that it does not delve too deep into psychological terms and technicalities, so it's easyer for me to understand the fundamentals of past life regression. Congratulations and thanks for the free copy.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 3837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I was worried that such a short book would not fully flesh out this type of story. Sounds like I was right. Darn...and I love past life regression stories! Seems to me it might be a good idea for the author to do a rewrite to expand the story and correct any errors. I wonder if that will happen? Thanks for your honest insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

It seems like a fascinating historical fiction book. I know little about past life regression. I'd like to read it to know more. Your review is thorough and interesting. Thanks.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The book containing past life regression with historical touch sounds interesting. Good review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
asere_maryanne
Currently Reading: Source
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asere-maryanne.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by asere_maryanne »

I never liked historical fiction but I read one and I was convinced. This also seems to have a catchy plot. Seems like I will try it out. Thanks for the review
Laceyadams
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laceyadams.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Laceyadams »

This is a great review. The book does have an interesting storyline but 87 pages cannot possibly capture the intrigue involving the before and after of life. And is don't like to be left hanging and wondering what will happen next so I agree Laura's chapter should have ended.

Return to “Historical Fiction”