Official Review: Second Born by Patrick W. Andersen

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Re: Official Review: Second Born by Patrick W. Andersen

Post by ayoomisope »

kandscreeley wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 17:56 I don't think this is one I would enjoy. I believe that Jesus is exactly according to the Bible. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it, though!
Thanks for the comment. I believe so too, but I cut the book some slack since it is historical fiction.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 21:41 Hm! I did not know Jesus had siblings I though he was the only child. I am not sure how to look at this book. It good that they have related and filled missing places to our imagination but not in the expense of damaging the real characters. Thank you for your review but I will pass this book!
His siblings are mentioned in the Bible. He had 3-4 brothers and some sisters too.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:

Post by ayoomisope »

Teekay12 wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 14:12 Its a great book to read and good lessons
Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you got something from this.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:

Post by ayoomisope »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 21:41 Hm! I did not know Jesus had siblings I though he was the only child. I am not sure how to look at this book. It good that they have related and filled missing places to our imagination but not in the expense of damaging the real characters. Thank you for your review but I will pass this book!
Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you liked the review. I previously had a reservation against a reimagination of Biblical accounts; however, I appreciate the value of the book based on it's historical fiction genre. Might I add, it is an enjoyable read.
― Charles William Eliot
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:

Post by ayoomisope »

Minimoyz81 wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 22:14 I think this book is like other books in which they base their characters from myth, folklore, etc. And they make something like a twist for instance in which forcing the reader to be enthused to it. But be sure not to make a mockery of someone's beliefs.
Thanks. The reader tries to avoid making a mockery of Christianity or Judaism while weaving together a good narrative.
― Charles William Eliot

Return to “Historical Fiction”