Official Review: 4 Shots by Roger C. Blomquist Ph.D.

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chanti Stargirl
Currently Reading: The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanti-stargirl.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Re: Official Review: 4 Shots by Roger C. Blomquist Ph.D.

Post by Chanti Stargirl »

I don't think this is my type of story but it sounds very well written. Thank you for the review.
Aditi1992
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi1992.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Aditi1992 »

Irene C wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 09:37 I'm a historical fiction fan who loves just about anything set in the past. How interesting that this is a true-crime account set in the very "ordered" Mormon world in the early 20th century. Thanks for this great review that clearly lays out the book.
I am going to read the book..the summary well captivated me.. :D :D
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

Sounds like a combination of a couple of good genres. I haven't read a good book like this in quite a while! I'll definitely look at it! Thanks for the review
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

I’m vaguely interested in this because of the true story piece, but still not surely this is for me since I don’t love murder mystery books. There’s something compelling about the fact that it began with an article about the real event. Thanks for your review!
Ikwuegbundo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ikwuegbundo »

It quit a nice n interesting book,d fiction it so nice bt look like a tragedy bt it stil a nice book
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

Wow. A story of a murder that really happened with real facts. From something that started as a research project that developed to a script that became this fictional story. Mixing real facts with created dialogue and situations to make a story we can understand is an awesome way to learn about this tragedy that shocked a place that never had murders. A must read.
Charlaigne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlaigne.html
Latest Review: Reaching the Shore by Davin Jake Douma and BonnieJane Hall

Post by Charlaigne »

I forgot to add, I thought the coverage of the murder was tastefully done. I don't like it when true crimes are sensationalised, and I don't think this was. I felt for the family and felt the shock of the townspeople.
Yes this was captivating. Sometimes the language looked clumsy but that was how they spoke back then. The author made a point of saying that he captured speech verbatim from records, as how the people back then actually spoke. It had an authentic feel to it. Really well done I thought. Writing this would have been a lot of hard work.
atta241

Post by atta241 »

I am New in reading books,but the story is exciting as well suspension was very interesting .some line were reused but defined for details to understand more easily .
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MsDree »

I'm not reader of crime mystery though i like historical fiction. I am amazed of author's writing that gets readers immersed in their tales
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

This sounds exactly the kind of book that I like to read. Thanks for the great review! It sounds like one of those interesting stories that mixes fact and fiction.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

Wow! This is an interesting review. A fictionalized account of a true-life story. The book seems suspenseful and informative, and I look forward to spending some time with it.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This book sounds fascinating. I love criminal mysteries so will be sure to check this out. It's interesting how it's a true story and I'm curious how murder mysteries were investigated during that time. Thanks for your review.
NadiaJ
Currently Reading: The Devil's Fool
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nadiaj.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by NadiaJ »

This book sounds very intriguing and full of mystery. More so that it took place in a very religious community where no one can possibly do any harm to anyone, much less murder of a seemingly peaceful young woman. I love mysteries and criminal investigation stories and '4 Shots' sounds like a good read. I look forward to reading it, must be quite a treat.
Moureenkaranu
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moureenkaranu.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Moureenkaranu »

Interesting review. I will actually add it in my bookshelf I love to read murder mysteries stories.
danny_mwas

Post by danny_mwas »

being a person who takes interest in crime books and also history the review puts me in suspence and gives me the earge to want to read deeper into the book so as to know how the mystery is solved. thanks for the review.

Return to “Historical Fiction”