Official Review: Rosemary for Remembrance

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Re: Official Review: Rosemary for Remembrance

Post by RebeccasReading »

SABRADLEY wrote: 03 Apr 2018, 17:31 It sounds like a book I would like: history, action, romance...yes, please! Thank you for a very thorough review.
I hope you enjoy it ! Thanks for the comment!
RebeccasReading

corndog12 wrote: 03 Apr 2018, 19:55 The title and cover image first attracted me to this book, but your review drew me in and made me decide I must read it. I love the idea of the lovers separated by war, then having to work at being a couple again after the war. I'm not sure how the more supernatural element of the story will fit in, but I am anxious to read it for myself to find out.
I was a little nervous about the supernatural elements as well, but it was not too over the top. It fit in well with the romance and historical components. I hope you enjoy it!
RebeccasReading

cpru68 wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 23:09 I think it is interesting to see authors combining some elements in a story to create an unusual mix to draw readers in. Historical fiction is always a favorite. Your review is thorough and makes me want to take a look at this one.
Yes, I really liked how unique this combination of genres was. It was very creative.
RebeccasReading

DancingLady wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 09:23 What a great story. There were so many people who had stories like this who have now passed on. It’s great to see a book telling this tale for the younger generations who won’t be able to hear it from their ancestors.
Yes absolutely. That's why I loved so much that this was based on the author's grandfather's journals. Such a fascinating look into history!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The story entails quite relatable elements of marriage, love, war, destiny. I like this one. Thanks for your review. You can check out mine.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕

Return to “Historical Fiction”