Official Review: The Navigator II: Irish Revenge

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Liza Layugan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-layugan.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Re: Official Review: The Navigator II: Irish Revenge

Post by Liza Layugan »

My curiosity was piqued after reading the instant preview. Now, my interest in the book has grown further, particularly over Fiona's character, after you mentioned her anger and need for revenge. I hope to fully read the book soon to satisfy my curiosity. Thank you for your informative review.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: The Navigator ||, Irish Revenge by Steve Coleman', is a magnified view of the book! I like the way, the reviewer goes in depth of character description!
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

It looks like, the reviewer has done a good job. After reading the sample, I came to know that this is a well-written thriller. In the sample, I didn't find any relevance to the earlier book in the series, which is good for a new reader who wants to start straight away with the 2nd book.

In this novel, the author has beautifully unfolded the characters and the Northern Ireland history. Joe, a CIA agent is the lead character. He enters Ballycastle, an Irish village to accomplish a mission. He posed himself as a sailor from America. During his stay, he interacts with many local people, often sails in his boat in the surrounding sea.

I liked the plots that portrayed Joe's love for red headed Fiona, Joe's friendship with Big Ryan, Irish rural life, sailing on Irish sea, Religious conflicts in Ireland etc. The conversations in this novel are appealing.

I found very less grammar mistakes in the sample part. I liked the writing style of this author. I appreciate the author for this intriguing novel.
Gracie777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracie777.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Gracie777 »

A place where your religion defines everything about who you are is an interesting storyline, considering how religious matters in this present time are negatively portrayed. Looking forward to getting this answer! (Will Joe be able to navigate not only the treacherous waters of religious conflict but also that of his heart? ) The emotional entanglement is also an intriguing ideology, such characters always draw me in. Bravo for your off the charts review. Though not sure if I have an interest in Ireland
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

I'd like to know more about Ireland. It'll be fascinating to read about the Irish conflict and see things from the eyes of a tourist, an outsider. Thanks for the review.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell

Post by Kat Berg »

I appreciate that this book can stand alone, even though it is the second in the series. I am also glad the author has figured out a good way to explain interesting details without seeming forced.
Atuku Betty Oyella
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Atuku Betty Oyella »

Chaptor one conveys Joe's attitude in the bar due to his breakup with mary, it actually got me very interested in reading more because its like i was almost getting to the whole thing of "REVENGE" in the book.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The story of Irish conflict history, religious differences with a inclusion CIA agent's is an interesting one. Great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

Great Review!! Looking forward to giving this book a try. I've been looking to reading something a little more serious and this one looks interesting. Adding this to my tbr list!
Senpii
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Senpii »

I don't know much about Ireland but the book sounds interesting. And it sounds as, if i were to read the whole book, by the end of it i'll know a whole a lot about Ireland's, Traditions, Religion, And also i'm sure there will be lots of CIA Action, Drama, Twist, and of course some Romance! :D
Chanti Stargirl
Currently Reading: The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanti-stargirl.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Chanti Stargirl »

The characters in the story sound enthralling, it's great when the character development aspect of the book is on point. Thank you for the review.
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

No doubt that it would be a great book. But for me to be honest. I am not into Irish conflict or history. It doesn't appeal to my likes. Again. It doesn't take that it can be interesting with the CIA and religious conflict. But I will skip this one. Either way congrats.
Doris Mbotela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do57.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Doris Mbotela »

It sounds like intriguing. An adventurous story set in the Irish countryside against the backdrop of Irish history. The review brings out the aspect of revenge being one of the reasons possibly perpetuating the conflict to date.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

This book sounds very similar to Superhighway which I didn’t particularly enjoy. I like the way Irish history is incorporated into the plot though.
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

Sadly, I'm not sure The Troubles in Northern Ireland will ever be over. A good piece of fiction like this really helps open people's eyes to what's happening. Thanks for a good review!

Return to “Historical Fiction”