Official Review: The Navigator II: Irish Revenge

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Re: Official Review: The Navigator II: Irish Revenge

Post by Mercelle »

I know little about Irish conflict, so this would be a great place to start. Joe's viewpoint as a CIA agent and the encounters he has throughout his journey makes me even more curious about his adventure.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Sut027
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Sut027 »

First of thanks for the review. I think it can be an interesting book for me read as I don't know about Ireland. The way the author has portrayed the characters, the revenge. the political and conflicts can definitely be a reason to read this book.
Ana Njeri
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ana Njeri »

I dont know much about Ireland. I think this would be an interesting way for me learn about it. Lovely review.
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

Irish history is something which I think we learn about as a part of history, however, this is very deep-rooted in Irish society and, to them, it is everyday life and themes. Thanks for the great review of this novel!
joshjerome
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by joshjerome »

The idea of the book sounds like one of those were a CIA agent gets into the nieghbourhood, trying to scuff up bad guys but as usual, it's not always easy because you're in a foreign country but the review wants to make me read more the book i like Secret agent stuffs.
Nice review!

Return to “Historical Fiction”