Official Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater [February 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
alicia_fountain
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =8717">The Brothers Karamazov</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia-fountain.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov

Re: Official Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater [February 2019 Book of the Month]

Post by alicia_fountain »

Hi Rosemary,
Thank you for posting this review. I agree with what another commenter said, the title seems a little bland, especially if you are not familiar with historical battles. Considering this is a fiction book, the title makes it sound more like a historical non-fiction book with facts rather than story. I appreciated your review because it makes the book sound more interesting!
Vinita kamble
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vinita kamble »

I also really like historical fictional books, The warramunga is one of them. Best part of historical war books is era in which war happen, the discription of that time's people traditions , culture , style of dressing the way the author describe it I really love it. As it is movie types of books it contemplate reader. And also the war happen has some consequence on the people , resulting into a new story. Thank mr. Greg for this wonderful book❤️❤️❤️.
Fairyland1010
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Fairyland1010 »

Wow! Romance and suspense. Sounds like a book I want to read. Thank you for the recommendation.
Suzzie1

Post by Suzzie1 »

The setting and plot of this novel makes it look so fascinating and extremely addicting to read it more and more further more the themes present in this narrative makes one eager to read more so I would rate it a 4stars .
Pendrick reckon
Favorite Book: Pekari
Currently Reading: Heartaches 2
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by Pendrick reckon »

This book is so wonderful, it contains special secret. I'd like to read more. Congratulations to author and BOTD.
Izuna Uchiha
Currently Reading:

Post by Izuna Uchiha »

I adore historical literature and am looking forward to reading it. Its suspenseful and exciting story, along with vistas of Egyptian pyramids, is a must-read
psamkings8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by psamkings8 »

The warramunga's war is written by GREG KATER Who happens to be the first trilogy. It is an historical and filled with alot of riveting action story. The story was excellently structure in writing and gentle humour,well the narration was vast in experience of the military and famous wars.
EternalD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eternald.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by EternalD »

This is a very famous book here in the community that I never had the opportunity to read. The role of Australian forces in WWII is often left behind, which is an unfortunate thing indeed.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

I find the friendship between Jacko and Jamie fascinating. Thank you for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Odala J Phiri
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala-j-phiri.html
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Post by Odala J Phiri »

Though I have just read the sample, I have picked James and Jack as my favourites. This looks to be very interesting historical fiction with a unique setting. Your review is just on point. Thanks very much.
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

I enjoy reading historical fiction, and this story centered during the time of WWII is an excellent and well-researched novel. I enjoyed reading about the Australian effort during the war, as well as the Warramunga tribe from the northern territories of Australia. The descriptive text describing Cairo, the Egyptian pyramids, is fascinating. This is amongst my favorite historical fiction books.
Ruth Frances A
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading: Desperate Season
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-frances-a.html
Latest Review: Lucky by Spare Time Novels
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ruth Frances A »

This is a story featuring war and almost all that comes with it. Jack and James form a great part of this. There is intrigue and lessons to learn. This historical novel seems a great read as per the review with all the emotions it may raise. Congratulations BOTD.
Oluchii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne-thewriter.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluchii »

Historical fictions are my favorites,I would like to enjoy the journey that James and Jake partake in.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t think this is a book I’d have much fun reading. While I think I’d like to learn about the spots in Egypt I am not interested in the war aspect.
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

I'm not a fan of historical fiction, so I'll have to pass on this book.

Return to “Historical Fiction”