Official Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater [February 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Re: Official Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Roggyrus »

Espionage movies are always thrilling to watch. The novel is even more thrilling because you could make your own pace of covering the story at leisure. The suspense would be had whenever you would please, by scheduling your reading. This wartime story of espionage is sort of engrossing. Thank you for the comprehensive review.
Last edited by Roggyrus on 06 Aug 2018, 03:30, edited 1 time in total.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

It's not often that a historical fiction book has so much to offer, but this one sounds promising. War and espionage draw me to it, but I'll stick around to learn more about a bygone era.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Interesting spy and war book on Egypt. I am glad that the author has covered all the required ingredients of the story very well. Thanks for review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
gid123ohivava
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gid123ohivava »

Great book and nice review, read the first chapter and I must say it's a great book for historical war fiction lovers having watch a lot of war movies.
gboy53182
Currently Reading:

Post by gboy53182 »

Even though I'm not an avid fan of this genre, but based on your compelling review, I think it's a must-read for those who love this type of story.
Henrykater

Post by Henrykater »

I loved this book, thanks for the review. I have since read all 3 now. Love them.
sszb
Favorite Book: Dear Mr. Knightley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sszb.html
Latest Review: Uncle Yuta has an Adventure by Claire Youmans
Reading Device: B072V4HK9F

Post by sszb »

I usually skip historical fiction genre but as the free sample was available so I just read it. The plot of the story is suspenseful, absorbing, well written, easy to read, and full of fascinating historical details. The author has presented a fair account of the Egyptian pyramids, Sphinx, and other structures at Giza, which I enjoyed most. Characters are unique and interesting. Congrats on BOTD. 💐💐👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻💐💐💐
‏We’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one.”

‏ Middleton, Jacquelyn.
Ryan Bwoka
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ryan Bwoka »

The book is incredibly good , it's fine for history students , l have started reading it and it turns out to be a good book
adnan12aak34

Post by adnan12aak34 »

I do like a little reading about the books which are based on wars, since in the review you said the book also consist about Cairo which encouraged me reading it. I think its a good review
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

Historical fiction is one of my favorite genres. I always find it fascinatinng reading accounts of a time period gone bye. I will definitely give this a try. Congrats on BOTD.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 554
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

A historical fiction with a twist of war and espionage that makes this novel an engaging thriller. James and Jack are on a mission in Cairo, to detect and neutralize the German agents. Greg Kater debuted his first work of fiction, with an espionage story and it is worth reading.
Aj1

Post by Aj1 »

well the book is alright, I love the settings, characters and theme of the book, the way the suspenses were done is okay and also it's also an amazing adventure on Egypt, so the book is okay.
S_pandey_india
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-pandey-india.html

Post by S_pandey_india »

Thanks Rosemary for the review. Have started reading it as you have made me hungry to know the details. Nice summarisation. Let us interact after I have completed it, say in another 48 hours. :D
choong+eunha
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by choong+eunha »

This story was talked the history about World War II. In the story, the synopsis is sound interesting and have a little bit complicated for me. The grammar was good and have used some complicated vocabulary in the sentences.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

Thanks for your interesting review. Congratulations to the author for being chosen as BOTD. I'm not a fan of war novels, but this book sounds intriguing. I may just give it a try.

Return to “Historical Fiction”