Official Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater [February 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 951
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: The Angel of Hoheneck by Ivan Fredrikson

Re: Official Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

This seems to be a tale of war set amongst the pyramids of Egypt.

Thank you for the great review.
Shruti Banik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shruti-banik.html
Latest Review: A Police Action by A. A. Freda

Post by Shruti Banik »

It is a very insightful review. The reviewer has clearly stated what the book wanted to convey. I wanted to try reading this book but was hesitant since it is a historical fiction, but the review convinced me otherwise. I would like to read this book. Loved the review and judging by the reasons behind the rating, I might love reading the book.
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

I think that this novel sounds fantastic. It is a historical but fictional account during World War II that is often not discussed. The novel sounds engaging and the characters well-developed! Congrats on the book of the day! Great review!
M Zee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-zee.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by M Zee »

I love a well-researched historical novel, especially one that manages to blend fact and fiction together well. This sounds like just the case!
I was born with a reading list I will never finish.
LegebdaryCrole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-legebdarycrole.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by LegebdaryCrole »

An interesting topic, to be sure. Espionage, war, and Nazis, tons of interesting hooks with those three inclusions alone. I've seen this on the review list and have been thinking about giving it a review. I think I've been convinced. Great job, reviewer.
harrymadede
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by harrymadede »

This is a very good, well-written book review with very few spoiler alerts, which peaks my interest to read it
jaysaw
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jaysaw »

This is well written review. The fact that plot is set in the 1940's and interesting hooks like spies,wars, Nazis really intrigues me. I'm about to be some "warramunga's war" case
virgino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by virgino »

I don't really like discussing wars because of the devastating effect on people. However, war historians will love to read the book. It's's a good review anyway.
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

Thank you for the review. I remember bumping into this one a couple of months ago on a previous BOTD. It sounds like an interesting spy book set in World War II, a time of which it is difficult to find stories of this type since they are mostly fully warlike or dramatic. Although the story and its start failed to catch my interest, I am sure there will be those who will feel otherwise.
lndshear
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by lndshear »

The review sounds just like the kind of book I like to read. I love historical books that shows that the Author has put in some research and tied the story with the facts. 4 out of 4 stars is exciting. I can't wait to read the book.
primeRex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-primerex.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by primeRex »

Your summary captures the entirety of a story I would love to read. I must commend the author of this book for hard work employed towards the writing of this book. Historical fictions are indeed no easy feat.
123+++
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87

Post by 123+++ »

I enjoyed historical novels, especially during War World II. The review heightened my interest. The writer Greg Kater wrote about the Nazi French Vichy and Rommel. They were critical elements to the dominance of the Nazi Party in Africa. The Nazi needed the natural resource from the area to keep up their military. The review had me to put this on my Want to Read List.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

I have read the story of this book by your review. This book is about the historical events occuring in the war of Egypt and Syria. James and Jack after fighting in Syria were sent to Egypt for a dangerous fight in Cairo. Cairo is a place for the agents of Lebanon and Syria. Musical instruments and tools are also described in this book according to your review. Thanks for a insightful review.
Alfeo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Alfeo »

Not a big fan of war but I do love the ancient setting such as Egypt
After reading this review I now find myself very interested in reading this book
I have already start visualizing the images
Sounds like it could be a good movie
Ijeoma Kikelomo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ijeoma-kikelomo.html
Latest Review: Visions of Prosetry, Collector's Edition II by Vèè Nelly

Post by Ijeoma Kikelomo »

If there is one thing I like about this book already, it is the fact that it promises to be incredibly suspenseful. It also appears very well-written.

Return to “Historical Fiction”