Official Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater [February 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Scripter
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Scripter »

I do like historical fictions especially when they are blended with romance, adventure and war. This review no doubt has spur my longing to read this narrative piece.
ianfrb77
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ianfrb77.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by ianfrb77 »

That sounds like a great plot. I just hope the writer doesn't show a cliche picture of such multicultural scenario. If, not, I'm sure this will be great. Congratulations!
Transcendens. Humanitet. Ånd.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

I really love stories about wars. This book has a blend of war and detective actions. Thanks for such a suspenful and absorbing book. Great review.
silvaharon
Currently Reading: The Mask of Perpetuity
Bookshelf Size: 563
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvaharon.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by silvaharon »

An interesting world war 2 historical fiction with very clear descriptions of scenery and a captivating level of suspense
Nephyz+254
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nephyz-254.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Nephyz+254 »

This historical fiction about war and espionage sounds like an interesting book to read. As aficionado of historical fiction, I think this is my type. I love novel involving twists and turns and also suspense. Thanks for this wonderful review.
Zhariah
Favorite Book: The Chimera Vector
Currently Reading: Race to Refuge
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zhariah.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Zhariah »

Thank you for your insightful review :) I was a little off-put by the title of the book, War doesn't usually interest me, but your review has shown me it's about much more than that, and for this reason, it's going into my 'to read' pile. Plus I've always been a fan of Ancient Egypt so it would be very interesting to see it in a more modern type of setting, relatively speaking.
Sirlimu01
Currently Reading: Kaiserjaeger
Bookshelf Size: 244
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sirlimu01 »

I recommend the effort of the author in structuring the story in this book and reviewer also in putting this account for future application. I love to read this kind of text and i need others to have this picture as well. With the the pre-knowledge of the book i give it 4 over 4
unitedvgo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unitedvgo.html
Latest Review: Final Report by Jeff Shear

Post by unitedvgo »

This one is definitely going in the to-read list. World war has always been my favourite topic to read about and I have read a very few stories based in the African region. This will surely be an interesting read.
Ruth stephen2

Post by Ruth stephen2 »

:techie-studyingbrown: I had a great time reading this story it makes it more interesting with Greg's sharp written and gentle humor. I liked the way he teamed his characters to achieve a common goal and I commend him for his vast knowledge of the military and famous wars and am highly spirited and full of fun having some interest twisting this book with his solid pased. I understood the essence of team work and determination.
Maggiedoan

Post by Maggiedoan »

Adding this book to my list. I love historical fiction books like this. If I hadn’t read the review, I would think that this was a nonfiction book about a war I have not heard of. Thanks for sharing!
Sirlimu01
Currently Reading: Kaiserjaeger
Bookshelf Size: 244
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sirlimu01 »

I love music piece and war related scene. I love the way the author presented his storyline, CHARACTERs, etc. I recommended this text for all lover action scene and famours to pic advantage. I give it 4 over 4. More greagre to tge author's elbow and a million thanks to reviewer putting this in brief for one to see.
mizmiraj27
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mizmiraj27 »

Not really a fan of wrestling but, the characters are unique, exciting, and well developed.
Look forward to reading this book. :tiphat:
akindelesamuel

Post by akindelesamuel »

I'm always interested to books with an Egyptian setting (it must stem from my want to be an archaeologist in my youth). Thanks for this great review! I'm putting this on my rainy day list
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3008
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A Conflicted Slaveholder by Marge Cambre

Post by Kibet Hillary »

It has been a norm for most historical fiction books to be set around the time of World War I and II but the reality is that this was really fascinating. What I enjoyed most was how relationships were developed and handled. This book can also be read by a wide variety of readers since it has no erotic scenes it. It is worth being read by all.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
oil money

Post by oil money »

I really hope the book is as fascinating as it review

Return to “Historical Fiction”