Official Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rainydaysc64
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 834
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rainydaysc64.html
Latest Review: Isabella's Painting by Ellen Butler
Reading Device: B00OZTU156

Re: Official Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by rainydaysc64 »

When I initially saw Apollo's Raven as one of the books here, I wasn't sure if it would really be my type of read. Especially given that it's steeped in a lot of history. However, with the fantasy elements you've described and from the little snippet of the book I did read, I definitely think this book is a read I'll one day check out. It definitely sounds like a wonderful read that someone who isn't as much into history like me would enjoy. I look forward to the day when I'll get to read it. :tiphat:
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a book."
- J.K. Rowling
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1880
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner', acts as the wheel of the book in describing it, 'I like to think of this story as a huge metaphor for history rewriting itself through fiction and allowing individuals to take charge of their own destinies.'
jessinikkip
Currently Reading: Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessinikkip.html
Latest Review: Misery Loves Company by Paul Marino

Post by jessinikkip »

Sounds like a wonderful story full of history and mythology. I would love to check out this book to see how it all ends
amzz2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by amzz2 »

This book is full of entertainment for the reader and it has many pathways and new words vocabulary to learn . The author of the book has great knowledge of literacy the book has many chapters about Appollo...! It is interesting as well as entertaining.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Good review. Sounds like a really good book. Mystery and forbidden love. Who will win out love or loyalty? I vote for love but you will have to read this one to find out more!
Mirtrs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mirtrs.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Mirtrs »

From the thorough review and the small part I was able to read this book seems to have alot going for it. From what I've read it seems exceptionally well written. There seems to be much going for it, like, betrayal, revenge, and political history. Also, with a heavy dose of magic, mythology, and mysticism. It seems like a great story full of action and intrigue.
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar

Post by Vscholz »

Your review is eloquent and elegant. I appreciate the blending of Celtic and Roman legends, so I will be more inclined to read it now that I have better insight.

It seems like this book could be similar to Rick Riordan's adolescent series but set in the past and with more mature themes.

Thank you for the review.
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
cherrygirl3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 169
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrygirl3.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by cherrygirl3 »

I am a big fan of the Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne! This review sounds as if this book will have the same Celtic history plus mythicism and romance as that series. I look forward to reading.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

Historical fantasy spiced up with love, the impossible love. What a great read! The book sounds so intriguing and I must read it. Great review!
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

The title of this book really does not convey what it is about. After reading your review, I think that I would really enjoy this book! Thanks for the great review, and I love the name Marcellus!
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for the review! Due to no mention of sexual content, I’m guessing this is a nice, thrilling read involving loyalty to family that is threatened by forbidden love. I will be adding to my WTR shelf :)
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

I can't say I've ever read a book with elements of Roman and Celtic mythology. I've come across this book on the shelves before but never considered reading it. Your review has piqued my interest. Thank you!
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

There are a lot of elements that I like of this book. For instance: The combination of romance and fantasy, shape-shifting, control of nature's forces, and historical background. Thanks for the great review!
JoieDeLivre
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Two of a kind
Bookshelf Size: 549
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joiedelivre.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by JoieDeLivre »

This book sounds great! This review is thorough, yet doesn’t give too much away. I am putting it on my “want to read” shelf!
Miss_BeckyG
Currently Reading: Behind Broken Glass Walls
Bookshelf Size: 1129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Miss_BeckyG »

I got hooked once I read that Romans and Celtics were engaging in this story. The story promises enthraling adventure blending mystical experiences with the thrill of sweeping romance and the realism of political intrigue. The author has done a commendable job with the plot and characters.
“ Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ”
Marianne Williamson

Return to “Historical Fiction”