Official Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
cristinaro
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristinaro.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by cristinaro » 14 May 2018, 00:37

grahase71 wrote:
03 May 2018, 15:51
I have this on my 'to read' list. Sounds great. I love historical novels, whether fiction or non-fiction. Can hardly wait to start this one.
SEG
I can't wait to read the second book of the series.
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)

cristinaro
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristinaro.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by cristinaro » 14 May 2018, 00:40

JodieLKM wrote:
23 Apr 2018, 11:13
I have just discovered this exciting book and am anxiously reading it. I love the idea of a strong female warrior and the mystical ability of Spirit animals. Combined, these two make for a great character that defies both her parent and her lineage in order to do what she thinks is right for all. Even though there are, at times, selfish intentions, she is a young girl with abilities she is not allowed to use, yet tries to use them to help those she loves. Even though the first pages are all I have access to, I can see the plot is well developed and the reviews are of great acclaim. I can understand why. Apollo's Raven is, by far, the best book I have read on mind-meld in a long time. This book seems to blend the best of the Druids with the best skills of the Native Americans, at times, and this is very intriguing. I have downloaded it to my Kindle just so I can read the whole thing. Even though I do not get to officially review it, I still want to read it.
I think you can still write a volunteer review or post a review on Amazon. The book really deserves all the praises. I felt the same as you did after reading the sample.
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)

Angelica Caroro
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Angelica Caroro » 26 Jul 2018, 04:44

The book is great i enjoy reading it thanks to the author:)

ldm83girl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by ldm83girl » 29 Jul 2018, 01:40

From reading your review, this novel is definitely one I will have to try. Being a history buff, with a strong interest in ancient Britain and celtic mythology and history, I think this would be a good read.

NuelUkahMDO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74

Post by NuelUkahMDO » 30 Jul 2018, 13:09

Very well detailed review. Tanner did a great job building the interest and curiosity of the reader from beginning to end. This book deserves some accolades. It'd make a great movie...
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...

Return to “Historical Fiction”