Official Review: The Crimson Heirlooms by Hunter Dennis

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Frenjie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frenjie.html
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael

Re: Official Review: The Crimson Heirlooms by Hunter Dennis

Post by Frenjie »

I'm not much into historical fiction but I commend the author for the great work. Also, the review is comprehensive and insightful. Congrats on being the book of the day!
" Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything." - Napoleon Hill
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

Wow, this sounds like a fantastic book. I absolutely love history, so I’ll be keeping my eyes on this one.
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

Historical fiction fan here! From reading your review, I know I would like to read this book. I have little knowledge of French history from my previous readings like yourself, and I think this would be a good book to immerse myself in learning more about France in 1776 and 1832 without being too technical. Thank you for your review!
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

I'm actually really disappointed. Considering that beautiful cover, I expected to find the protagonist was a female.
strawberrysab
Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Maddy's Wings by Jan porter

Post by strawberrysab »

Set in two different times, before and after the French Revolution, this book must show two faces so different of the country. I’m intrigued by the story and enamoured of the setting, so I’m definitely going to read it!
Berry :wine:
JayJoseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jayjoseph.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by JayJoseph »

I have high interest in historical fiction, so this makes it my kind of book. From the review I can tell that this book is quite the adventure. I'll be sure to give it a try.
Miercoles
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading: The Second Eve
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miercoles.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Miercoles »

I quite enjoy historical fiction, and based on this review, the novel well captures the adventure and culture of 18th and 19th century France. It should make a good read.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Amazing review! I am glad you enjoyed the book. The excerpt I read made me want more, now the review confirms that I have to pick this book. The plot sounds intriguing, and I am glad the author did a good job of revealing information gently to the readers, since sometimes in case of historical fictions, taking in all the details becomes too overwhelming.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I like historical fiction. It is good that Dennis makes a good research about the past and presents this in a way that does not overwhelm the reader. I have a feeling, after reading the free sample, that this is not one of those fast-paced books hence it requires patience on the part of the reader so as to the whole of it. It is a nice story.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Crimson Heirlooms by Hunter Dennis', inspires the readers, to read between the lines! It is a reliable one, specially when the reviewer adds the information of High school Literature and History classes that he remembered, to give an idea of his knowledge of French history, to the readers!
Cheryl12
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire - Personal Workbook
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl12.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Post by Cheryl12 »

One of the most sought after two in one package was the crimson Heirlooms. This is a combination of a valuable necklace known as the cross Nantes. The second item hold the words of a song, "The devil sang as he danced across the blood-drenched hills of the vende'e militaire." These two precious items has the power to convert the direction of history. Yet, this could mean life or death situation.

The Heirlooms originated in France about the year 1776. Two family involved were Traversier and the Guerriers of Saint Domingue. The drama unfolded with bitter distrust, deception, fake love dishonor of the men and women from both family, falsified the Heirlooms and fixed the two family destiny.

Jake Lorino, an American student lived in that city during the horrifying march to change in Paris about 1832. He could not decide on whether to return to America or to take the path to solve the mystery of the Heirlooms in Paris. He then realized he was blackmailed by the rich Sphinx-like Monsieur Tyran to dig for the Crimson Heirlooms or to face death.

Moreover, the past and future overlapped while Jake is ahead of the wicked forces trying to block him as he scrambled through the ruins of the half century historical drama to solve the puzzle that will help him find the place of the missing Heirlooms and his deliverance.
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

This doesn’t seem like the type of story I would be interested in, but it does seem to be well-written and researched. Descriptions that can make a person feel as if they’ve seen a place with their own eyes are a rare thing to find.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

Wow, this sounds like a truly remarkable read. I am a big fan of historical fiction, and I really like Les Miserables so I'm sure I'd highly enjoy this book. I would love to read more on French history as well, seeing as I'm not very knowledgeable on it. I will definitely keep this book in mind for future reference!
ashpres12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashpres12.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by ashpres12 »

Thank you for your review. This book sounds interesting and I will be adding this to my reading list for summer! :techie-studyinggray:
usman_bringa89
Currently Reading: It's My Party
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by usman_bringa89 »

Wow am speechless,this book makes me as if I was there.thank you with the review.

Return to “Historical Fiction”