Official Review: The Crimson Heirlooms by Hunter Dennis

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stacy_Morgan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacy-morgan.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Re: Official Review: The Crimson Heirlooms by Hunter Dennis

Post by Stacy_Morgan »

Ooo... Any book that could qualify as a lost classic is a win in my mind. And blackmail, secret societies, and a mystery? *shivers with pleasure*. This one is definitely going on my Want to Read list.
Ginnamassa19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ginnamassa19.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Ginnamassa19 »

Oh man, please tell me you're a Les Mis fan, because I am and I'm already crying a little inside because this book (or half this book, according to your review) takes place in 1832 and you mentioned a secret society trying to start a revolution (major Les Amis de l'ABC and the June Rebellion vibes!) :D Okay but that aside, the book sounds incredibly interesting--I'm a big fan of historical fiction, and thanks to your review, I now really, really want to pick up a copy!

Thank you for writing this review--I really liked your writing, and I think I've found a new book to add to my reading list :)
katiesquilts
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 649
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiesquilts.html
Latest Review: Anything For Love by Gracie Bond

Post by katiesquilts »

Ginnamassa19 wrote: 13 May 2018, 09:57 Oh man, please tell me you're a Les Mis fan, because I am and I'm already crying a little inside because this book (or half this book, according to your review) takes place in 1832 and you mentioned a secret society trying to start a revolution (major Les Amis de l'ABC and the June Rebellion vibes!) :D Okay but that aside, the book sounds incredibly interesting--I'm a big fan of historical fiction, and thanks to your review, I now really, really want to pick up a copy!

Thank you for writing this review--I really liked your writing, and I think I've found a new book to add to my reading list :)
I am, actually! Haha
If you like Les Mis you'll DEFINITELY like this book! I highly recommend it :D
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Missing heirlooms, blackmail, and secret societies? Sounds intriguing. It is great that the book was well researched and shows the reader two different French landscapes. I loved Les Misérables, but I am not fond of cliffhangers so will pass. I am glad you enjoyed the book, though. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Princepres2018
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Princepres2018 »

What a nice and good historical fiction even though I'm not a fans of historical fiction, but this review really change my orientation. 'nice review'. I love it
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

Historical fiction isn’t a usual genre that I would choose but I do like the sound of this story! It would be interesting to hear about the different points of French history.
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

I enjoyed Les Miserables, so I think I will like this one too. The French cities sound intriguing.
shryl04
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by shryl04 »

The most intense, emotional piece I've ever read.I felt like I was there.I can't fully express my appreciation for this piece. I am hoping that the writer does more work, and may it be as good as this piece. Well done. I highly recommend.
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

This book jumps between different points in French history, which I know next to nothing about. Sounds like one can get lost in this story while unexpectedly learning about the past. I wonder what's so important about these heirlooms.
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

This looks like an intriguing piece of historical fiction. The different time periods of French history, blackmail, intrigue and missing heirlooms should make for an interesting read. Thanks for the great review. The 'almost' scream at the cliffhanger made me smile.
chupke07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chupke07.html
Latest Review: Metaphase by Mitchel Street

Post by chupke07 »

Wow! such a strong recommendation! I can not wait to read this book now. I usually do not like historical fiction but this sounds like so much more, with some mystery about the heirlooms and some adventure of the student being blackmailed. Sounds like a great read, though I may want to wait until the next one comes out so I don't get frustrated.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is a great historical fiction novel with an enticing plot full of mystery and drama. I found the plot captivating and the onlinebookclub review of the book to be spectacular. I rated the book 4 out of 4 stars. Congrats on being the BOTD.
Sammeg2018
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sammeg2018 »

I love the style of this reviews , it teaches moral and knowledge, it teaches me how profitable for a gentle one. i enjoy it, thanks for this review.
Alli Oluwasegun 01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Alli Oluwasegun 01 »

To be sincere historical fiction is not really my type because it seems boring to me while reading never theless i thing i will go for this one & it because of the mysery sorrounding the missing properties nd the exornoration of the inncent student.
Gmdiamzon 2
Favorite Author: Scott Hughes
Favorite Book: Devilish
Currently Reading: His to Protect
Bookshelf Size: 124
fav_author_id: 6516

Post by Gmdiamzon 2 »

History plus time travel story. This book might look boring but it caught me with the reviews. 😍

Return to “Historical Fiction”