Official Review: "Terror In Manila"

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rajanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 231

Re: Official Review: "Terror In Manila"

Post by Rajanis »

A time travel story where a Filipino scientist wants to go back in time to prevent Philippines being separated from the American sovereignty. Not a fan of historical fiction. Thanks for the review.
Flowers123
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flowers123.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Flowers123 »

A time travel historical fiction seems exciting. I like the fusion in this book. The fact that Nick Aboitiz desires to reverse the independence of his country is contrary to what is in reality, that kind of makes this book fascinating. It's a shame about all the error though. Thanks for the review.
goldengal1315
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goldengal1315.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by goldengal1315 »

An interesting and thought provoking concept to the book. I personally have not seen or heard much about the Philippines or their Independence in 1946, so I am naturally drawn to the topic. It's unfortunate that the copy you received was not ideal but it seems as though you muddled through just fine. Perhaps the author will take your constructive criticism as a means to see an editor and fine tune the book.
linda2000
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by linda2000 »

vinkipc wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 01:03 Currently reading this book too. I am sorry for the kind of copy you received, which i think hindered the flow of the story. Otherwise, for me the story is great, as it gives me insight about Philippines culture, political struggles and the rest.
The mixture of technological know-how fiction with ancient fiction is new to me. This book would offer an exciting manner to find out about the history of the Philippines via an wonderful time journey plot. thank you for a exquisite review!
[Danielle]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle.html
Latest Review: The Global Reconstruction Project by S. Cotton

Post by [Danielle] »

I am currently reading this book and not sure if I can even get through it due to the amount of errors... bummed because it sounds like an interesting plot.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

Return to “Historical Fiction”