Official Review: Baggage by Dana L Turk

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Re: Official Review: Baggage by Dana L Turk

Post by CommMayo »

It is always nice when a book can draw you in emotionally. I'm glad you enjoyed this novel so much. It is a shame that their lack of proper editing was enough to dock them a star.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

bonniecruz wrote: 07 Mar 2018, 09:50 Somehow it got my attention... I have developed the urge to read it
it's a great book. You should read it..
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

I still don't know if I could get past the military-central story but I like that it at least builds on more than that. Thanks for the review!
VictoriaMcMillen
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriamcmillen.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Soldier by Adriene Odom

Post by VictoriaMcMillen »

I have always been interested in military stories. This seems like personal and behind-the-scenes takes of theses soldiers lives. I am very interested in reading this one. Thanks for the review!
~Victoria M.L. McMillen

"You can, you should, and if you are brave enough to start, you will." Stephen King
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

I like a story that tackles on Military's journey. Thanks for your review. Nice!
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

Your review makes me want to read it right away. I enjoy military stories but I hope - not so much the tragedies that go with it. Thanks for your review!
moj8668
Currently Reading: Fawkes
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moj8668.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by moj8668 »

Looking forward to reading this. Historical fiction, for me, can sometimes run the danger of being to "fact-heavy" and missing the human element so I'm excited to hear that the book drew you in so well!
pixiejen
Favorite Book: Lord Foul's Bane
Currently Reading: Mage's Blood
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by pixiejen »

Though I don't have a tendency to gravitate towards military reads, the idea of the many-faceted friendships is alluring. Thanks for a great review!
QueMustReadJA
Favorite Book: Forgiven
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quemustreadja.html
Latest Review: Zeus Defied by Rez Khan

Post by QueMustReadJA »

So far I am very intrigued based on the info related on the official review, the Riviewer did mention that she had to backtrack sometimes because she got confused due to the amount of characters that the book entails, however I think that it's different, meaning not just having one main character. I mean like look at the world every single person in this world plays a part and we are characters of this world. So if someone writes a book having multiple characters I don't think something's wrong with that I really give the author a round of applaus. Not everyone actually wants to go complex or knows how to go complex, the world is complex so we should just appreciate things the way they are get used to having things being mind-blowing where your mind has to work because that's the best way for the mined to develop and if you have to backtrack at times to get the full understanding of the book just take a deep breath and follow through and trust me you'll get it especially if it has a great storyline, an important purpose to it and this book seems like it does have that specific touch whereas friendship, love they had to fight a lot obviously in the military, they have to fight to survive probably they didn't know what they were getting into but, as they went into it and started training and especially when they started going out in the field where they had to be killing people saving each other probably some of them died which is expected but anything is possible in this life and that book based on this review seems like it did a great job.
Quegoddessoftheuniverse.business.site

Return to “Historical Fiction”