Fireflies by P.S. Bartlett

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
WillowStarSerenity
Currently Reading: Loved
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willowstarserenity.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Fireflies by P.S. Bartlett

Post by WillowStarSerenity »

The Whelan's were living a beautiful life. They had seven beautiful children. They couldn't ask for more. Their world is turned upside down when they discover that their youngest, the special one who almost died at birth, has been given a rare gift. They must decide what to do and how to keep him safe from anybody who may use his gift negatively.

This is not the first time I've read this book. It's my second time. It is my first time listening to it. I still adored the book just as much as I adored it the first time. The story was beautiful. The characters were very engaging. It was an altogether inspiring story.

For the most part, this story and the events that unfolded were very easy to follow. They flowed very smoothly. I can't say that it went this way all the time. There is a part of the story that I feel needed to be put into depth more or left out altogether. It didn't really piece into the story very well and it was very rushed through. I will not get into what that was due to not wanting to spoil the book for people. There are other parts I also wish had been put into more detail.

The character development was amazing and very strong. I felt like I was actually a member of the family living my life with them fully. There were a couple of instances where the character kind of fell into a robotic time and a few characters weren't really put into the story as much as they could have been. That didn't happen that often though.

Overall, I still give this story a full five-star rating. It's an amazingly remarkable story. I can read this book over and over and not get tired of it. I encourage anybody who loves historical fantasy books to give this book a chance. I'm glad I did. I can't wait to read the rest of this amazing authors books. The narrator is pretty amazing herself. I've listened to her read another author's books.

Return to “Historical Fiction”