Featured Official Review: Eden: A Novel

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maravillaconnor
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Eden: A Novel

Post by Maravillaconnor »

I was interested from very beginning as well because it is a reality that can happen to any family. All families have to deal with true to life situations and although plot was not outstanding it was interesting from that families viewpoint.
Phinamek
Currently Reading:

Post by Phinamek »

Sounds interesting but the story actually have a connection with our day to day lives on family, relationship and emotional issues which makes us no different from the story lines.
Mo_ItsRenny
Currently Reading: Birthright
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by Mo_ItsRenny »

Thanks for the review. I would like to know how rachel dealt with the news of a sister somewhere and if they end up selling the house or keeping it.
Dispark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by Dispark »

Very interesting and captivating family story with an old secret revealed that will eventually bring serious changes in the family history.
bosom27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by bosom27 »

Eden; A Novel, by jeanne McWilliams Blasberg. Eden combines a beautiful setting with well-drawn and complex characters and a superb plot. And, also A Novel tells us about Becca meister fitzpatrick-wife, mother, grandmother, and pillar of the community....Is the dutiful steward of her family. Indeed, The Author has feellings of human race setting of lifes for many years.
Aknight2015
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Aknight2015 »

Enjoyable reading material. Home touching based book.
Nyomenda

Post by Nyomenda »

To me the writer brings the old generation to the new one where Sarah is.. Everyone got a problem to thing about.... Good book from the review... But requires total concentration to get everything ☺
Amunala
Currently Reading: Vengeance (Tip of the Spear Book 2)
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amunala.html
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Amunala »

McWilliams Blasberg is the story of a large home set on the coast of Rhode Island, and of the different generations of the family that inhabits it.

Sounds interesting.
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

Great review. Simple, precise, yet without spoilers. The cover of the book looks good. I like books on family values. I should read this soon.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
londonmartine
Currently Reading: American River
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londonmartine.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by londonmartine »

Sounds quite Kate Morton-esque, with the generational secrets! I liked the sample chapter too - sounds like you think it's well-written.
Emie Cuevas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emie-cuevas.html
Latest Review: Trumpism: A Cultural Psycho-Genesis by Michel Valentin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Emie Cuevas »

Seems to be a well written story. I enjoyed the sample, it seemed very descriptive. I am curious if granddad not being able to handle money was the big secret or was it something else?
Whether you Think you can,
or you Think you can't,
You are Right

Napoleon Hill
akoth melisa
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by akoth melisa »

Wow,this is the best review ever,simple English and best grammar, i have been motivated to read the book and know some of these "first class problems". The story itself seems captivating, i rate you 4 out of 4 stars. kudos!
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

This sounds really interesting, even if this is not my cup of tea. It wouldn't be bad to try new things. I'm gonna put this on my tbr. Thanks for the honest review!
Afoaayoe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Afoaayoe »

This book sounds good and interesting. I wish to buy it!!!!!!!
Lenny1886
Currently Reading: Sense and Sensibility
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lenny1886.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Lenny1886 »

Gods Monkey wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 23:38 I’m not entirely sure a 4 out of 4 rating is appropriate due to the mistake the reviewer found but depending on the mistake depends on if it was truly a mistake or just an opinion of the reviewer. That being said, based on the review i feel I would enjoy this book.
I don’t think that a single missing punctuation mark should discredit the book from receiving a 4 out of 4. Like the review guidelines said, even popular books like Harry Potter will have a few small errors in it. Only if the book has not been professional edited should it not be given 4 stars.

Return to “Historical Fiction”