The Enchanted Land by Jude Deveraux

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
krisengel
Currently Reading: Bittersweet
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krisengel.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

The Enchanted Land by Jude Deveraux

Post by krisengel »

I just finished The Enchanted Land by Jude Deveraux. Set during the era of settling the west and the California gold rush, Morgan finds herself married to a stranger and headed to New Mexico. Seth is continually having to rescue Morgan from different calamities. Through it all they try to resist falling in love and struggle to keep their marriage as the business agreement they agreed to.

The characters in this book are easy to relate to, even though the struggles they face are of a different time. We meet ranch hands that become like family, prostitutes that become friends, and handsome neighbors that are not so neighborly. The adventures that Morgan and Seth have, both together and apart, will have you rooting for them and hoping true love wins out.

This book is a romantic historical fiction, but there are not steamy love scenes, which I appreciate. I do have an imagine after all! I rate this book 4 out 4 stars. I absolutely loved every part of it and all of the characters. I was hooked from the first few pages and was satisfied with the ending. If you would like to be swept away in a covered wagon to the time of balls and servants, you will not be disappointed in this book.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Return to “Historical Fiction”