Official Review: Acts of Sedition by Dennis Stephan

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
michelonline29
Favorite Book: The Eurasians
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelonline29.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Re: Official Review: Acts of Sedition by Dennis Stephan

Post by michelonline29 »

An interesting story line. Thanks for the review!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

A good book for political discussions pertaining to the current super power. It's a wake up call to guard zealously the constitutionally guaranteed freedoms enshrined in any part of the world
Cutienerdy21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cutienerdy21.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Post by Cutienerdy21 »

Thanks for the great review! Anything that is prophetic or anything futuristic interests me. Although I have no patience when it comes to politics, I’m still curious how this story resolved the conflict or if they even resolved it... Well, I might as well read it to satisfy my curiosity.
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

While I'm a little uneasy about a couple aspects of the book you mentioned, this book does sound incredibly timely and I love that characters set aside ideological differences in order to save the country. It sounds like a very exciting plot as well. Thank you for thorough and insightful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

I really enjoyed the free sample and will be completing this one soon. It relates well to today's world and I can see how things could possibly turn this way in our society.
clickartist
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by clickartist »

Acts of Sedition was a very jarring read - a worst case scenario of American xenophobia collapsed on itself. It reminds us that the choices we make today impact a future in untold ways.
L_Therese
Currently Reading: American Psycho
Bookshelf Size: 1970
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-l-therese.html
Latest Review: The Middle Ages by Jane Chance

Post by L_Therese »

It sounds like an exciting book what with all of the political intrigue and plotting for a coup. I cringe at the thought of editing errors, but it sounds like it's at least worth sampling to get a more clear picture.
deepti2+
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by deepti2+ »

Thank you for review on this book. I was searching for this kind of book and it really created my interest in this book. Thanx to your helpful review. It will be so interesting to read it. :)
Ennaia22
Currently Reading: A Book Without Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ennaia22.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau

Post by Ennaia22 »

This story is politically inclined. It is perfect for those who are into current events. Congratulations to the Author of this very challenging story. It is very timely that anyone reading this can catch up easily.
kcSnoWhite
Currently Reading: Pocket Dial
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcsnowhite.html

Post by kcSnoWhite »

Lennycat wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 06:40 Thanks for your response. I’m glad that you liked the book too.
In your excellent review, you talked about feeling like this book lingered with you.

After reading your review and the Amazon synopsis, I have to say; "It's too soon," for me. I'm of the belief that We The People have already seen what 8 yrs. of a Muslim potus in OUR White House nearly did to our Exceptional Nation... So yeah, no. It sounds awesome & thrilling but still a bit too close to home for me.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

This definitely hits close to home with current events, and looking forward at what could happen. It doesn't seem like such a fiction anymore and it's scary. So, I'm not sure if I could read this or not. It might be too frightening for me. I do agree that it's very compelling. If he fixes the editing errors you discovered, he may just have a potential best seller on his hands. Thanks for the great insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Anirudh Badri
Currently Reading: Quiet
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anirudh-badri.html
Latest Review: Galactic Passages: Planet 6333 by Dean and Anson Vargo

Post by Anirudh Badri »

I find the premise of a totalitarian president taking over a stable country to be somewhat questionable, but the story still seems to be interesting.
It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.

–Oscar Wilde
TrishKissane
Currently Reading: Transforming Faith
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishkissane.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by TrishKissane »

I think the author has managed to find away to awaken us to "where democracy will lead us".
The idea of being totally accepting of everyone and everything could probably open the door where the larger part of the electorate "choose" someone to lead a nation who is less tolerant.
Have only read your preview and the first few chapters and still deciding if I want to continue but only because it's such a paradigm shift from reality.
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
Texas_Jazz2016
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 7394">Into the Fire</a>
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-texas-jazz2016.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by Texas_Jazz2016 »

What a great read and fills me with foreboding at the same time, that this could happen in the future in this country.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one. George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Wesley Onyancha
Currently Reading: The Matriarch Saved
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesley-onyancha.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by Wesley Onyancha »

Your review is quit real. This is exactly a duplicate of what developing countries are holding. Leaders are thirst of leadership but have nothing in basket to offer to common man. They are making debates to change constitution to a document that can favoring their political misdemeanors and authoritative skills(dictatorship in nature). The book so captivating to current political states is an eye opener.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Return to “Historical Fiction”