Official Review: The creation by sabat beatto

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Official Review: The creation by sabat beatto

Post by readandsmile »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The creation" by sabat beatto.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you familiar with the story in the Garden of Eden? The Creation: We sinned for love is a historical fiction that is written by Sabat Beatto. He studied real estate, acting, music, and cinematography. He has Bachelor's Degree in Psychology and Master's Degree in Special Education. The author twisted the events in the Garden of Eden. His extra-biblical idea may ruin the true meaning of salvation. "We sinned for love", this phrase makes me puzzled as I look at the cover of the book. What is a Sin? And, what is the meaning of love? How can a person committed sin for love when in fact love covers a multitude of sins? In 1 Peter 4:8 says, "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."

And, what do you think when you heard about a spaceship? Is it all about Aliens? There was a spaceship searching for a habitual planet. They landed on the planet earth, preferably in the Garden of Eden. The aliens came out first that looks similar to humans but the features had plenty of deformities. They are called the black and white terrestrials. They can't talk fluently but still able to communicate. Then, intermingling between the black and white terrestrial is forbidden; the law of God upon them. I don't like this story because it is not biblical but the author uses biblical terms.

Meanwhile, as the white terrestrials circle themselves as a group when the third spaceship came. Out of the spaceship is a white man named Adam. He looks fine and can talk fluently. He went directly to the white race. Unnoticed, the last spaceship came while Adam is busy chatting and teaching the white terrestrial. There was a female black version of Adam that gives joy to the black terrestrials, her name is Eve. She was very beautiful and has a voluptuous body. This story added to the number of myths on the account of Genesis.

Genesis 2:7 says, "the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." Eve is formed from a man's rib. "So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. (Genesis 2:21-22 NIV)

This statement contradicts to what the Bible teaches since the author uses Biblical names and events.
Being together is against God’s law but we have given up a lot to atone for our sins.
In fact, God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground." (Genesis 1:28) Sin is missing the standard of God. And, Adam and Eve sin atonement does not come from their own self. Sin atonement only came from Jesus Christ. He is the one who paid all our transgressions on the cross.

The author's creative writings on the events in the Garden of Eden contradicts to the real virtue of the story. He uses biblical references but used it differently that sounds the truth is being twisted. Christians, pastors, ministers, and people who had a background in biblical teaching will dislike this view on Genesis account. I rated this book 1 out of 4 stars. This story will create confusion especially to those people who are not yet Christian. I found plenty of grammatical errors and typos, it is a bit disturbing while I'm reading. Even if, I disagree on this book but still I like the way the author makes his transition to the next chapter. The author's point on temptation scene is quite relevant to the story in the fall of man.

The creation
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like readandsmile's review? Post a comment saying so!
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Yaone
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yaone.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Post by Yaone »

I do not appreciate any work that distorts what is written in the Bible. I am afraid I wont be able to read the book.
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

Yaone wrote:I do not appreciate any work that distorts what is written in the Bible. I am afraid I wont be able to read the book.
I agree with you.
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

Sounds like you didn't like this title. As described am equally not interested, great review.
Ubyamos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ubyamos.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Ubyamos »

The book deserves 1 star rating. I don't like it when people twist the word of God.
Thanks for the review.
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

juliusotinyo wrote:Sounds like you didn't like this title. As described am equally not interested, great review.
Your right. Thanks for visiting juliusotinyo. Your so kind.
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

I've just reviewed some thing about the garden of Eden (Mimadamos: The Eden of Choice),
http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewto ... 21&t=48628
Wow, it seems the topics sprouting out of the garden of Eden/the beginning of Man are gaining popularity fast. It just goes to prove the prophecy of Revelations coming true, the hyped talk about issues of who we are and the crediting and discrediting of God/the Bible.

I already dislike the interpretations about the Genesis account given by this author by just going thru this review. I really am curious about what the author is trying to accomplish by spinning that story...
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

"I already dislike the interpretations about the Genesis account given by this author by just going thru this review. I really am curious about what the author is trying to accomplish by spinning that story..."

I agree with you. Biblical events and terms are so very critical issues.
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Thanks for the review. I'm not sure you could call this historical fiction as the author so distorts the history as to be unrecognizable. I'll about this one. Sorry you had to read the whole thing.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

Thanks for visiting kandscreeley. I agree with what you have said.
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Alicnim
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicnim.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Post by Alicnim »

This does not look like my kind of book. Great review.
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

Alicnim wrote:This does not look like my kind of book. Great review.
Thanks for visiting Alicnim. You are so kind. I understand your comment.
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Biblical conspiracies are a touchy subject. Not for me.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

Mercy Bolo wrote:Biblical conpiracies are a touchy subject. Not for me.
Thanks for dropping buy mercy. It makes me happy.
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: All That I Love by Hina Yu Cao

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Nice review. Genesis account especially on the first parent is critical issue when twist.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."

Return to “Historical Fiction”