Official Review: The Honorable Knight

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EricaWilson
Favorite Book: Slated
Currently Reading: Seven Minutes in Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericawilson.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Re: Official Review: The Honorable Knight

Post by EricaWilson »

I’m not really into these kinds of books, but it still seems pretty interesting. I might go ahead and give it a try!
Dan_A
Currently Reading: Be strong
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-a.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dan_A »

Great review. Thanks to your review I am going to read this book.
From the sample I've read it was not question of immortality. I thought it was going to be an ordinary book about an honorable soldier, Ian who will come home afterward to marry Fiona.
But from your review, the story is different. It sound more fascinating and fantastic.
Thanks for your review.
Astrogem
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astrogem.html
Latest Review: The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter by Jordan David
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Astrogem »

Good review. Sounds like a good book and that you enjoyed it. Beside the editing problems that is. I would have like to known from the review though if the author does ancient times then modern times, it switches back and forth. I think it would make a difference on how the characters are developed. Either way, it sounds like an interesting book and I will have to check it out. Thanks!
Olalexy boss
Currently Reading: Burn Zones
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Olalexy boss »

One thing that always kept me turning the pages is to see what would go wrong considering the girls falling for the wrong person... This is indeed a masterpiece
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

This sounds interesting... history mixed with modern, plus a lot of fantasy. I am intrigued with the relationships and the different dialects.
ErinMShell
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erinmshell.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by ErinMShell »

After reading the prologue and the chapters following it, I was unsure how the author was going to tie these two time periods together. In so many stories, time jumps like these leave something to be desired. Mostly because they never go as smoothly as the author intended. However, your review has made me rethink my initial judgement on this book and I'm now curious to see where the author takes the story. Great review, thanks for sharing your thoughts!
bitty656
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by bitty656 »

Very good contention, linking historical events with modern technology.
Emilyflint
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 12756">The Last Battle</a>
Currently Reading: Gameboard of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 248
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilyflint.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Emilyflint »

Wowd this is totally a book I could get into. I love books with historical fiction and Great characters
Bangtanlove1608
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Bangtanlove1608 »

I can already tell it's an amazing novel based off both the synopsis and the review. I love it when authors know their stuff and gives it their all so that the readers can feel they're actually inside the novel :)
kate_nguyen
Currently Reading: Alexis Zorba
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-nguyen.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by kate_nguyen »

Historical fantasy with quadrangle combined with the immortality sounds so intriguing but I don't know whether I shall pass the typos though.
FilmStar
Currently Reading: Rich and Pretty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-filmstar.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by FilmStar »

A love quadrangle with the theme of immortality seems like an epic read. While I don't like books with bad edits, I'll give it a chance.
Rachel_thewriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rachel_thewriter »

Despite a few careless editing & typographical errors, the story seems extravagantly interesting. I read the preview pages on Amazon and was blown away by how well the author described the stealthiness of Ian. I was intrigued by the fact it agreed with my infatuation of witty protagonists. Ian reminds me of Sam Fisher from the Splinter Cell game series. The character portrayal made it easy to become engaged with them as they progressed upon their endeavors to rid the world of terroristic evils. Thank you for your review. I am even more so intrigued to read the whole book now than before.
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

The editing errors are unfortunate, but it's good that the story was still enjoyable. I don't particularly like stories with time jumps, so I won't likely read this one, but it does sound interesting.
meadhbh
Currently Reading: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meadhbh.html
Latest Review: The Last Rite by Chad Morgan

Post by meadhbh »

The jump between historical and modern-day setting sounds really interesting to me. Fascinating to see how the different characters act in these different settings.
SaffraWhishart
Currently Reading: The Candle Room
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saffrawhishart.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by SaffraWhishart »

I thought your review was very fair. It helps to know this is the author's first book. I was very impressed with the descriptiveness in the opening chapter, but although I appreciate the ingenuity of the story's time travel aspect, that portion didn't seem to be written as well. I also noticed the typos you mentioned--though all of the ones I saw were punctuation.

I'm not going to finish this book at this time, but I do think this author shows promise.

Return to “Historical Fiction”