Official Review: The Honorable Knight

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Re: Official Review: The Honorable Knight

Post by nikkyteewhy »

This book's plot sounds intriguing. The story is adventurous and exciting. I look forward to reading this. The context of immortality and heroism always excites me. I think I can overlook the errors although it would have been great if there wasn't any. Thanks for the review.
Amanda Deck
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Sight For Psychic Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-deck.html
Latest Review: Winds of Fall by Alberto Mercado

Post by Amanda Deck »

The Amazon sample sounding really interesting so I came back to read a review of this book. Originally I thought of buying this for my son, his dad, and my grandson but I plan to read it myself too. It's not an actual time-travel story I see, but close enough and I love those. Not sure it'll do for my grandson, he loves myth and fantasy but this involves sex scenes - not offensive but still - my grandson is only 10. But for the adults, two history-obsessed and one "time-travel" aficionado, your review and the sample make this sound like a winner for us!
AbbyJinks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by AbbyJinks »

Incredibly descriptive, easy to imagine you’re with Ian. The book starts out reminding me of one of Ken Follett’s (period, storytelling, descriptors).
Festus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-festus.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Festus »

I would like to begin by giving Geogialousie a thumbs up for an excellent and classic review. Ian and Jacques could be likened to swarms of "Irish farmers" traversing daily through the Sahara desert in search of the golden fleeces of Europe. Fortunately they are able to live their dreams. One would have liked Ian and Jacques swapping Desiree and Serena respectively. but then a point has been made by Donahoe, that life is an epitome of unsaturated quests.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

The plot of this book takes an unexpected turn, while reading your review I did not think this book would turn out to have immortals. With that being said, I'm excited to check out this book. It seems like an exciting and unique adventure. Great review!
Cdeyoungde
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 405
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cdeyoungde.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Cdeyoungde »

Georgialouise wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 02:41
It is in Jerusalem where they meet Desiree and Serena. Desiree is a Muslim nurse at the local hospital who falls for Ian and Serena is the Jewish daughter of a swordsmith who falls in love with Jacques. Although Ian has feelings for Serena and Jacques for Desiree, creating an uncomfortable love quadrangle. They meet an old Egyptian man who offers them the gift of immortality in exchange for protecting the world from all evils. A deal that they accept happily. In modern days, Ian is a Navy Seal, Jacques is a Mercenary, Desiree works for the CDC and Serena is a Mossad Agent. They must work together to fight off a terrorist attack that is planning on setting off a biological weapon that would kill thousands of people through a deadly virus that causes rapid aging.
Wow! I only read half of the introductory and was hooked. My husband and I watch shows like Seal Team Six and Outlander. This book sounds like a combination of the two. I absolutely love it. I'm even willing to brave the gory violence to read such an exciting story! Thanks for your review. :D
Attitude is the paintbrush with which we color our lives :lol2:
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Batsquatch
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Batsquatch »

Great review. It sounds like something that would keep my interest and I'm curious to see how the author handled the interaction in between the different religions.
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

I usually enjoy reading about immortals but a storyline focused on defeating terrorists isn't for me. Terrorists usually lead to lots or discussion of politics and national rivalries. These topics don't interest me.
Sibhone1
Currently Reading: Decide Success
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sibhone1.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by Sibhone1 »

Not really interesting with the farmers boy's dream on pilgrimage to Jerusalem and his journey,adventures and success is not really catchy especially since it takes a big part of it's creation from ancient history.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

‪I love historical fiction! This looks really interesting. ‬
SP33DY+H33DY+R3ADY
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by SP33DY+H33DY+R3ADY »

As the title of the book is 'The Honorable Knight', so is the story plot about a young farm boy or even young man at age 15, very dutiful yet self satisfied and helpful as well, who decides to go on a pilgrimage, primarily based on self belief, probably self sustained moral reasons and for the sense of combined adventure; to experience the life he believed was supposed to be. So he informs the ones he was living with respectfully about his pilgrimage and with a bit of compromise on learning new languages and bettering his strengths, in a short while, is on his way on an interesting adventure.

This was the second free sample I've read and it proves to be a pleasant yet adventurous beginning.
Seraphia Bunny Sparks
Currently Reading: Lying Lainey
Bookshelf Size: 653
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seraphia-bunny-sparks.html
Latest Review: The Undying Queen of Ur by Abraham Kawa & Arahom Radjah
Reading Device: B01J94T4R2

Post by Seraphia Bunny Sparks »

Thanks for the fascinating review of this book! I am an avid fantasy reader and this book sounds engaging! I love the romance novel and how it is truly a ball of twisted threads. I like that it is a mix of historical and fantasy. I think that this will be a fascinating story to read! Definitely going on my to-be-read shelf! The editing issues are disappointing but I don't won't let that deter me from checking out this book!
BDTheresa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bdtheresa.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by BDTheresa »

Historical fantasy with a bit of violence..... hnmmmmm. interesting. I wonder what would be the outcome of their love quadrangle. Mixing historical events with modern technology is cool. Amazing review for an amazing book.
Hero092
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hero092 »

Wow, I for one love historical fantasy storyline. From your review I could get an overview of what the book is all about. And it's fantastic, It sounds like a great novel
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lesler »

A historical fantasy novel is something I've been wanting for my next book for awhile.

Return to “Historical Fiction”