Official Review: The Tattered Box by Paul Schumacher

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nwonye Obini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwonye-obini.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Re: Official Review: The Tattered Box by Paul Schumacher

Post by Nwonye Obini »

Anybody who is lucky enough to have parents, grandparents, relatives who pepper their upbringing with oral literature will always remain a great thinker and reflector. They have a good chance of becoming writers themselves or what can be called 'wise people'.

Why don't you read Schumacher's "The Tattered Books".
Fabian beyo
Currently Reading: Hate Me
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by Fabian beyo »

The book storyline was amazing BT I feel like the author did not do a lot of justice to it
Ziintsikelelo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66292">The Tattered Box</a>
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Ziintsikelelo »

This book reminded me of a time in my life where my grandma 's story telling become time travel and it enhanced my love for reading

-- 06 Oct 2017, 03:09 --

It's a great book as it grabs ones attention about the importance of having our grandparents with us to impart their wisdom on us but I gave it a 4 out of 4 because it's a simple read plus you learn something from it
naomy cherono
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by naomy cherono »

old people are a blessing to us because through them we get some knowledge and also we are able to value our culture most.good review
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

Yes, this book seems to be right up my alley! I love anything with time travels and I'm so interested in learning the significance of all the items in Bill's box! Thanks for the review Amagine.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Toyeenolly
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Toyeenolly »

This review is very intriguing and exciting, going back in time really! That's so much depth of experience one would learn.
Jax14
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Thursday Murder Club
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jax14.html
Latest Review: Lost on the Edge of Eternity by Jonathan Floyd
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 2
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Jax14 »

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Too often we dismiss the older generation's tales without thinking that these were people's lives and actual events. We get so caught up in our own lives and experiences, that we think we have nothing important to learn from them. Sometimes we just need to quieten down and absorb.
Triciat50
Favorite Book: The Luminaries
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-triciat50.html
Latest Review: The Miracle of Ramadan by Wassim Hijazi

Post by Triciat50 »

This book reminds me so much of my own family. They were not hoarders (no one was rich enough!) but they saved special "tokens" as my mother would put it: theater ticket stubs, dried flower petals...my father brought a shell casing back from Korea! I am fortunate that they were still alive when I was old enough to appreciate their stories.

Return to “Historical Fiction”