Review of Six Ways From Sunday, The Watergate Coup

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bron Bakers
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bron-bakers.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Six Ways From Sunday, The Watergate Coup

Post by Bron Bakers »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Six Ways From Sunday, The Watergate Coup" by Irvin Randall.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

What if the story about the Watergate incident was just a lie, aimed at driving you as far away from the truth as possible? Six Ways From Sunday: The Watergate Coup by Irvin Randall is an expository work that uncovers the true secret behind the Watergate incident in the White House and the role of the intelligence agencies in the resignation of President Richard Nixon.

A huge problem broke out in the White House when tapes that had recordings of the scandalous and manipulative political activities of President Nixon were leaked to the public. This was called the Watergate break-in. This incident subsequently led to his resignation as president and the death of his political career. However, what was not known at that time was that it was all a pre-planned coup aimed at removing him from office by the intelligence agencies. They had the motive, planned every event meticulously, and Nixon walked directly into their trap. The truth behind the whole affair was deeply shocking and would upset a lot of balances.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book. It was a very short and interesting read, and it contained a lot of valuable information. I loved the pictures and illustrations of some of the points in the book. I also loved the short excerpts from movies that were added to the book. I enjoyed the conversational nature of the book, which made it a lot more fun to read.

Although I loved and enjoyed the book, I found some parts of it too complex to be understood. They required deep background knowledge, and I had to do my own research on those parts so as to understand them. This made reading the book a little cumbersome. But I, however, enjoyed the writing style the author employed in writing the book.

I rate this book four out of five stars. I removed a star due to the dislike I stated above. The book was expertly edited, and I found no grammatical or spelling errors while reading it. I recommend this book to individuals interested in learning the truth about the Watergate incident. I also highly recommend it for individuals interested in learning more about the US political landscape and the operations of the intelligence agencies. This is an amazing and exceptional read.

Six Ways From Sunday, The Watergate Coup
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1021
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I was born just after this era, but it has always intrigued me. Most of the time President Nixon is portrayed as incredibly stupid which cannot be the case. He was very un servant, though. Thanks!

Return to “Historical Fiction”