Whisper To Me By Kent Hamilton

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Whisper To Me By Kent Hamilton

Post by Birdlady1950 »

STORY-LINE WHISPER TO ME BY KENT HAMILTON:

Set in West Texas in 1868, Eliza and Christopher are deliriously happy running the Martin Ranch. Married life agrees with both. The old gang of troublemakers ranch hands are gone and the new ones told Eliza's the owner and boss; do what she says, when she says it.

Adam, new on the ranch, has never failed to break a horse; today's the day he will fail. Not only does he fail to break the horse, but also loses his bet with Susanna. Susanna, visiting her Aunt Waverly, came to the ranch for after Eliza's invisitation. A veterinarian's daughter, she has skill with horses, what we call whispering or horse whisperers today; she offers to teach Adam.

Sparks fly between Adam and Susanna. Unimpressed with her in the beginning, as they work together gentling horses, his admiration for her talent grows. As they grow closer and closer, will a city girl fall for the cowboy rancher? Is trouble brewing on the horizon as the troublemakers are still in town? My romance book reviews of Whisper To Me follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

I found Whisper To Me engaging and enjoyable. Due to the length of short stories and novella, authors can not develop the in-depth characterization and plotting as in a novel. However, Hamilton crafted a short book of 55 pages, filled with action, drama, romance, and a solid complete story-line.

With likeable and believable characters, an intriguing story line, and fast pacing, Hamilton held my attention from the first page to the last. I found Adam a wonderful character; a humble poorly educated man who loved his work. Susanna's the exact opposite, outgoing and unashamed to show her attraction to Adam. They make a fine couple. You know what they say: opposites attract. Their budding love's sweet and clean. Hamilton's characters are well-developed and the pace flows smoothly. All good westerns have a villain; the dastardly Joe is back again in all his evil glory. Joe's malice and hatred for the Martin Ranch and family spills over. Joe's a character you will love to hate, along with all his pals.

I look forward to Hamilton's next book featuring the Martin Ranch. A sweet and clean romance, I would not hesitate to buy this book for my self or a friend.

WHISPER TO ME RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

FINALLY PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I purchased this book when free on ------ I chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest romance book reviews. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, no one influenced my voluntary romance book reviews.

Return to “Historical Fiction”