Official Review: I'll Point to Heaven by Rhett G. Wintch

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Re: Official Review: I'll Point to Heaven by Rhett G. Wintch

Post by ayoomisope »

Lovely review. I'll Point to Heaven is a historical fiction book that stresses family values. I love such kinds of themes, and I should read this soon.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

I might need this feel good book. I need to read something about love and faith and family. Thanks for the recommendation. I love the review, btw. It's short but very brief.
Busigu16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Busigu16 »

I am really so touched by this family which is full of terrifying moments! But indeed the way the daughter loves and takes care of the dad i really loved it
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

A book comprising a story that emphasizes the values of family unity, hard work, courage, and integrity. It has interesting and relevant themes. I hope I read it soon. Thanks for the review.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1886
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: I'll Point to Heaven, Rhett G. Wintch', thoroughly introduces the book to the readers, at it's beginning! My overall conclusion is that, the soul of the book shines through it!
Ddenis
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ddenis »

I'll Point to Heaven by Rhett G. Wintch. Is a fictional interesting book simply written to fully express the endurance of a woman who looses her husband and is left to bare the pain.
Charlene goes through alot of pain after loosing her husband and so she confides in her father and asks for his help since he had gone through the same ordeal after Charlene's mother passed away.
The story of a few kids growing up is narrated to her by her dad which interestingly is about how her dad met with her mom and how they fell in love.
This is definitely the book for any reader who loves fictional historical art.
stedape
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stedape.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by stedape »

I'll Point to Heaven is a historical fiction book that promises to be highly engaging. I appreciate the several aspects of family explored in the book. I would love to read this. Congrats on BOTD.
Ayomaamianda
Favorite Book: Twisted Threads
Currently Reading: Burn Zones
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomaamianda.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Ayomaamianda »

A story within a story sounds interesting. A story about the importance of family ties is definitely worth reading.
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

Sounds like something i would enjoy reading.I can be a sucker for emotional books at times.Thanks for the review.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
tinahicks87
Favorite Book: I'll Point to Heaven: We will be Together Again
Currently Reading: The Book of Mormon
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by tinahicks87 »

What a wonderful read! I could relate to each character by looking back at my life. I think many people think Christian fiction is only about bible stories but because I’m so weird (🤓) it is my favoriteb genre, right next to supernatural genres!! The plot is a great teen romance but clean with how the youth should look at romance. I was backing Kent all the way! It was amazing that James was so distraught but hit his knees crying out to our Heavenly Father and his prayers were answered so strongly that he changed his life completely. I knew by him going over and helping Betty feelings would bud. It was amazing that the four teens could put their differences in God’s hands and become such good friends. I felt Kent’s hurt when Betty replaced him with James. And when he drove to Heavens peak to see Betty’s final answer I almost cried and what he finally understood the message the Holy Ghost was trying to relay, I actually did cry out in joy! The main thing about this book for me was that I looked at my life and the medical issues I have and ask myself why I didn’t have the faith these young people showed. This is a book I will read again and again!
Thank you online book club for the opportunity to read this book.
allinsondaniel
Favorite Book: Literacy and Orality
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 246

Post by allinsondaniel »

the stories of science fiction are of my favorites, it touches the subject of the fairies and how to surpass ourselves of a depression, the skies, soon will reach those that we maintain our ways free of the sin.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

liked your good review on a good book which gives some inspiration while living in difficult times with hardly anything to spend
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Salome Yakubu
Favorite Book: A Day in Eternity
Currently Reading: Political Dirty Trick
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by Salome Yakubu »

This book is a book that i think everyone need to read because of the moral values it teaches.And the confidence and confort it gives to the emotionally depressed. I like to read the book.

Return to “Historical Fiction”