Official Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Que Lopez
Currently Reading: The hate you give
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-que-lopez.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: Official Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Que Lopez »

This was a great review. However, I can’t really get into books that are based on the ancient Roman times. It sounds great for someone who loves historical fiction.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

Great review! I'm really glad you mentioned there were brief explicit and violent scenes, because I prefer to avoid that type of thing. I don't think this book is really my cup of tea, but I'm glad others have found enjoyment in it.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

I totally agree with you. This book grabbed me in from the first chapter and kept me on mu toes the whole book. Now, I can't wait for the next book to be released!
NerdGrace
Currently Reading: What Lies Within
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerdgrace.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by NerdGrace »

Who doesn't love fantasy? Great review hsimone! I will definitely download this book!
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Donald A Axon
Currently Reading: Green Lady
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-a-axon.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Legacy - Book Five of the Magi Charter" by Jordan David

Post by Donald A Axon »

Excellent! This has all the elements for an awesome book. Being well written too. It just makes it irresistible. Thanks for the great review.
Latest Review: "The Elf Legacy - Book Five of the Magi Charter" by Jordan David
blissfulkhaos
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blissfulkhaos.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by blissfulkhaos »

Sounds like it's going to be a great read! Thanks for the review. I love that time period!
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Lanrypat
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Lanrypat »

Great work. Mythology, sorcery make it kind of cool
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

The reference to epic fantasy with a strong female character is alluring. I also like the themes of family, honesty and loyalty.Great review.
violet-trey19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by violet-trey19 »

Good review.It is epic fantasy.Celtic prncess and warrior Cayrin is a main character of the story.Another is Roman,Mercellus.These character are well developed in the story.Linnea Tanners historical fiction.This is a great epic to read.
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

There are many epic/fantasy books featured already and I think this is as good as those books.
Looking forward to reading this.
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Gracie2017
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gracie2017 »

Since I started to read I do not want to put it down, the setting and the characters are captivating. All aspects of a good book are found in this one book.
Whitney Marchelle
Currently Reading: Clan and Conscience (Clan beginnings Book 6)
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitney-marchelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Whitney Marchelle »

Great review! Will be adding to my shelf. Very excited to read about a romance, curse, ravens and a badass heroine.
Michaelpapi
Currently Reading: DragonGate
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Michaelpapi »

Princess Catrin, the youngest daughter of King Amren, possesses the power of a Druidess. She can psychically connect to her raven and can see through its eyes, taking in the present and the future and even journeying to the spiritual realm. According to a curse levied by Amren’s former queen, Rhan, on the date of her own beheading, Catrin and her raven will bring about the downfall of Amren’s kingdom. When Romans, led by Sen. Lucius Antonius, land on Britannia’s shores, the curse is set in motion. Lucius brings troubling news of a marriage between Amren’s banished son, Marrock, and rival king Cunobelin’s daughter. Amren must travel to meet with Cunobelin and settle their political differences so as to maintain peace, ideally avoiding Rome’s interference. In the meantime, Lucius’ son, Marcellus, will stay with Amren’s family as a hostage. Catrin is assigned to Marcellus as a guide and companion, though her true role is far more complicated: she’s tasked with uncovering Rome’s true interest and cajoling Marcellus into revealing their deeper intentions for Amren’s kingdom and Britannia. However, Catrin’s growing feelings for Marcellus threaten her success. Tanner’s fantasy novel focuses on a challenging historical period from which few written records exist. Her version of Britannia is full of warring tribes, yet Rome’s influence is effectively portrayed as inescapable—a complicated situation that provides the perfect backdrop for political and romantic turmoil. The requisite fantasy elements of magic and mystery abound, found in the presence of druids, curses, dark magic, and shape-shifting. Readers will find these elements are engaging enough, but Tanner also does an admirable job weaving in the politics and mythology of a bygone people. Though Catrin, Amren, Marcellus, and other key players are fictitious, Tanner’s devotion to research is evident in her well-drawn and historically plausible cast.
A complex and promising start to a new fantasy series.
Dim Amarachukwu
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Dim Amarachukwu »

The book Linnea Tanner by Appolo's Raven is interesting , it caught across every sphere of life love , fear , historical and full of suspense
REENA BEN
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by REENA BEN »

Reading this book can develop good characters in mind like honesty, trust, loyalty, family and love.

Return to “Historical Fiction”