Official Review: A Handful of Destiny by Tony Nash

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Festus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-festus.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Re: Official Review: A Handful of Destiny by Tony Nash

Post by Festus »

History is often duplicated. The colonization of Australia as captured by Tony Nash is not an exception as similar scenario played out in Columbus' new world aftermath of his arrival in 1492. We can as well find a thousand and one Thomases and Marthas in Red Indians with scales of colonial cruelty in various degrees. Its worthwhile to intermittently reflect on those black phases in our march through civilizations. The review is quite elaborate and insightful.
Diah
Currently Reading: One Night for Love
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reading Device: B01M0JCU9B

Post by Diah »

Great review! It seems like a sad story with all people were getting massacred. The past eventually determine the future. I would like to read this book, but I think the story is too heavy for me to understand... :(
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

From the review, the author seems to have done a good job with this book. Congrats to the author for getting 4 stars. Thank you for the review.
Irene C
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-irene-c.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Irene C »

Thanks for this review. It sounds like a great fictional introduction to Australian colonization.
History is not a burden on the memory but an illumination of the soul. Lord Acton

Return to “Historical Fiction”