Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Reviews and Discussions about Specific Books and Series » Historical Fiction

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Official Review: No Pit So Deep

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.

Official Review: No Pit So Deep

Post Number:#1 by TrishaAnn92
» 23 Feb 2017, 19:04

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "No Pit So Deep" by James Nathaniel Miller II.]

Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Review by TrishaAnn92
Share This Review

No Pit So Deep written by James Nathaniel Miller II is a fast-paced Thriller with a light Christian base wrapped up in a romantic bow. This is the first of two books in the Cody Musket Series.

Cody Musket, a former Marine turned professional baseball player, suffers from PTSD. What should have been an ordinary day turns into a nightmare when he witness’s a woman being kidnapped. When Brandi Barnes is targeted for her work; Cody takes it upon himself to protect her, sending them both down a dangerous path. But what happens when love becomes a factor? Cody is tasked with having to decide on whether he is willing to let Brandi see both his physical and mental scars while reliving some of his darkest moments.

Brandi, a journalist, is a tenacious woman, a go-getter. She has her own dark past but doesn’t let that stop her from trying to change the world. In her attempt to do that, her and Cody are able to face life-threatening challenges every day with humor and grace. Consequently, as their romance blooms, the book remains clean with no explicit intimate scenes. Instead, focusing on the idea of love and family and as mentioned before, forgiveness.

The love in this story is sweet and innocent carrying with it a strong message about faith and forgiveness. In this message, it is easily relatable to anybody no matter the situation. The characters being deep and well thought out. Which made me feel as if I knew them by the end. With that being said, it's impossible for me to pick a favorite character. All of them, including the smaller ones, had a big impact.

The writing style was wonderful. The descriptions were written in such a way to give the reader the impression that they were experiencing what the characters were. It was immersive and held the reader tightly. No Pit So Deep appears to have been professionally edited. There were only a handful of errors found and they in no way detracted from the story itself.

To that end, I rate No Pit So Deep by James Nathaniel Miller II 4 out of 4 stars. From the characters to the writing style, the book was fast-paced, and humorous while carrying a strong message. This is a book I happily recommend to lovers of fast-paced, action-packed Thrillers. Most of all, I look forward to reading the next installment.

No Pit So Deep
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like TrishaAnn92's review? Post a comment saying so!
‘A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies,’ said Jojen. ‘The man who never reads lives only one.’

– George R. R. Martin

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."
-Harry Potter
Publishing Contest ~ 20 Votes ~ View TrishaAnn92's Entry
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month

Favorite Book: The Messenger (2)
Currently Reading: Homecoming
Bookshelf Size: 170 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 90 Books
Goal Completion: 6%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Official Review: No Pit So Deep

Post Number:#2 by kandscreeley
» 24 Feb 2017, 11:35

Interesting. It sounds like a pretty good book. I don't mind romance as long as there is action thrown in there. Thanks for the review.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway
kandscreeley's Latest Review: "Tangible Spirits" by Becki Willis
kandscreeley

Currently Reading: The Maid of Salerno
Bookshelf Size: 59 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 43%

Post Number:#3 by TrishaAnn92
» 24 Feb 2017, 19:32

Definitely more action than romance. 😁
‘A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies,’ said Jojen. ‘The man who never reads lives only one.’

– George R. R. Martin

-Harry Potter
TrishaAnn92

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#4 by bookowlie
» 25 Feb 2017, 20:20

I really enjoyed your review. You made the book sounds so interesting! It's always a good sign if you like all of the characters so much you find it hard to pick a favorite. By the way, your description of the book as "a fast-paced Thriller with a light Christian base wrapped up in a romantic bow" is such a great line. Nice job. :)
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction. - Irish blessing
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader

Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 225 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 52 Books
Goal Completion: 36%

Post Number:#5 by TrishaAnn92
» 25 Feb 2017, 21:04

bookowlie wrote:I really enjoyed your review. You made the book sounds so interesting! It's always a good sign if you like all of the characters so much you find it hard to pick a favorite. By the way, your description of the book as "a fast-paced Thriller with a light Christian base wrapped up in a romantic bow" is such a great line. Nice job. :)

:D Thank you!

– George R. R. Martin

-Harry Potter
TrishaAnn92

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#6 by dasRAJEEV
» 26 Feb 2017, 11:42

i really enjoyed reading the book, it was like living through it. thankyou
dasRAJEEV

Bookshelf Size: 0 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books

Post Number:#7 by TrishaAnn92
» 26 Feb 2017, 11:57

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I just started reading the second installment.

– George R. R. Martin

-Harry Potter
TrishaAnn92

View Reviewer Page