Official Review: America, It Was Just An Idea

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Official Review: America, It Was Just An Idea

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“America, it was Just An Idea” by Dr Rayna M. Gangi is a historical fiction book. It is a story of an apolitical person who became a political player to save her people. This story reveals an individual's struggle in her personal life. It also uncovers the struggles of the past American presidents. These political struggles affect not only American citizens but the world as well.

The first part of this book narrates the happy life of a young girl amidst the destruction brought by war. Her young heart and mind were full of hope, love and loyalty to her beloved country. Never did she know that her beloved country was in a brink of destruction. As she matures, she discovers unimaginable controversies which control the world. In her young mind, she learned that beyond the success of every president, there are unfathomable issues and challenges.

The second part of this book narrates the transition of the narrator's life. The narrator's experience in the American navy helped her understand the Vietnam War. She realised that she is in the war for the benefit of the few.

This historical fiction enumerates tenets which guide us. A person cannot separate his political life from his personal life. There is no perfect leader or perfect society. As members of the civil society, our leaders need us to remind them of their responsibilities. Passivity has no place in this politically motivated world.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I wish to rate this book 4 out of 4 because of the valuable ideas it uncovers. Unfortunately, I am obliged to rate it 3 out of 4 because of minor typographical and grammatical errors. I assure readers that the minimal typographical and grammatical errors of this book do not disturb them at all. In fact, they may not even notice the wrong spelling.

What I like about the book is the critical presentation of the American political events. What I do not like is the approach of the author because it is serious. I recommend this book to students and teachers in social sciences. It is a reach source of political history which one cannot read from history, administration or political reference books. This book reminds us of our role in our society. Since this is a serious book, I am warning those who are looking for comedy or light stories not to read it. I congratulate Dr Rayna M. Gangi with her reach political ideas.

America, It Was Just An Idea
View: on Bookshelves

Like Donnavila Marie01's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

What an insightful review. It is important to always ask questions. I believe that constructive criticism adds value and inspires progress.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Loccitane
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Loccitane »

So it's a historical fiction but it reads like an academic book. Am I right?
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

Thanks for the insights on this book. I love your review. hoping for to read more of your reviews. Happy holiday. thanks for sharing your thoughts on this book.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Post by RebeccasReading »

Loccitane wrote: 14 Nov 2017, 16:07 So it's a historical fiction but it reads like an academic book. Am I right?
I was wondering the same thing. Sounds interesting either way!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It's too bad about the typographical errors. The idea behind this book sounds really interesting. I'm kind of apolitical myself, so this is right up my alley. Thanks for the great information!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Historical Fiction”