Official Review: Northdale by Robert L. Nelis

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Meka Isaacs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Re: Official Review: Northdale by Robert L. Nelis

Post by Meka Isaacs »

I liked the book, although the story was far from catchy or colourful it was however very interesting. It took me back to a time when women's principal responsibilities were to marry, and have children while the men took on all other responsibilities. What kept me reading was to see what would be the outcome of the older brother's anguish towards Rupert. I love your review it sums up everything ?
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

Reading the 'Official Review; Northdale by Robert L. Nelis', I liked the theme of the book.Why not crack on it in a more authentic way.Was a more touchy description of the theme possible?The review seems to be an ideal one.Exploring the chance of such an idea to grow contextful also, in life.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

I purchased this book back in January, and I remember liking the feeling of togetherness/team between husband and wife. The equal treatment of Sara and the respect given toward her thoughts amd words is what drew me to this book. It is also part of the reason the people of Northdale are able to express their loyalty and trust toward Rupert. Even though I do not typically read books in this genre, I found Northdale to be very engaging! Thank you so much for your review! It was very well written!!
Last edited by tarafarah7 on 09 Jun 2017, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
raeryn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raeryn.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper

Post by raeryn »

I always enjoy a good book that defies gender stereotypes. Not sure the pacing is suited for me, but I'll check it out.
Chandre
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandre.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Chandre »

Love this, I'm going to enjoy this. Thanks for the free book. Well done on book of the day.
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

Travel to the middle ages! Sounds exciting! Congrats on the review.
BookishBookkeeping
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Currently Reading: Atlas Shrugged
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishbookkeeping.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by BookishBookkeeping »

I'm not to sure how I would feel about a dry historical saga but I do enjoy most stories about the middle ages. Thank for a good review and a decent heads up.
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
Kitkat3
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1496">Milk and Honey</a>
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitkat3.html
Latest Review: A Bundle of Colorful Yarns by Louis Winslow

Post by Kitkat3 »

This sounds like an interesting story, and I like that you say that there are strong female characters. However, I don't normally enjoy reading about the Middle Ages. I don't think that I would enjoy reading this because of the dry writing style and errors, but I will give the sample a try. Thanks for the review.
Karen88
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 52

Post by Karen88 »

The comment regarding the author's writing style is very informative. Thank you for the great review.
michelonline29
Favorite Book: The Eurasians
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelonline29.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by michelonline29 »

This book seems like a very interesting read. Historical fiction novels enables us to learn and be inspired in the end. Congratson a well-written review!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Texas_Jazz2016
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 7394">Into the Fire</a>
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-texas-jazz2016.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by Texas_Jazz2016 »

Thank you for the good review. I love the strong females in the book. Too bad some things were skipped over. I did enjoy the sample but have too many on my too read list to add this one.

-- 10 Jun 2017, 00:21 --

Thank you for the good review. I love the strong females in the book. Too bad some things were skipped over. I did enjoy the sample but have too many on my to read list to add this one.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one. George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Nyawera Gikaru
Currently Reading: The Worst Pet Peeve Ever
Bookshelf Size: 184

Post by Nyawera Gikaru »

Watched vikings but reading it makes it more interesting and the female characters make it more interesting.
Ebe Read
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3364">Good Omens</a>
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebe-read.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ebe Read »

Thanks for the review. I will definitly have a look at the book myself as I have downloaded it, but unfortunately it will take me some time as I am finding that my willingness to read is falling far short of my ability to get through all the great and recommended books.

-- 10 Jun 2017, 08:12 --

Thanks for the review. I will definitly have a look at the book myself as I have downloaded it, but unfortunately it will take me some time as I am finding that my willingness to read is falling far short of my ability to get through all the great and recommended books.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Elizabeth Wangui
Currently Reading: Justice
Bookshelf Size: 118

Post by Elizabeth Wangui »

Great review about this historical fiction book on strong female character. Congrats.
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

The review on this nice 5 star Amazon rated book is astounding. A middle-ages novel concerning a Knight fending Viking raids. What great noble reading!

Return to “Historical Fiction”