Official Review: The Tragedy of King Lewis the Sixteenth

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Insomniac07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insomniac07.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Re: Official Review: The Tragedy of King Lewis the Sixteenth

Post by Insomniac07 »

Loved those Shakespearean terms. Though I didn't really care for plays in high school, I've been enjoying the form recently. Read Much Ado About Nothing and it was absolutely fantastic. So, I'm definitely giving this book a shot. Thanks for this brilliant review.
Harmony Hills
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harmony-hills.html
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh

Post by Harmony Hills »

I find it hard to read plays plus poems plus deep English, so i think this book is not for me. No matter how hard i try, i ended up reading it halfway and then stopping. Still, thank you for the review. You sounded so enthusiastic about the book and i hope i could read one in the future. :)
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman, Coraline
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh
Nwonye Obini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwonye-obini.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Nwonye Obini »

Interesting! It's like the French version of Shakespeare. This book is a must for people interested in literary work. Though a tragedy, I find the story of King Lewis The Sixteenth interesting.
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

The Tragedy of King Lewis the Sixteenth by David Lane is a King Louis XVI book during the French Revolution in the Lewis The Sixteenth Century with historical twist, with a 4 out of 4 stars rating.
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

I can imagine how aristocratic we would all sound if we used your list of fabulous words. :) This sounds like a worthy book!
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
TutorBrian
Currently Reading: Bud by the Grace of God
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by TutorBrian »

The book The Tragedy of King Lewis the Sixteenth is a historical book giving the reader the background information on royalty and leadership in ancient France. It addresses the evolution of culture and the issues of art in a addition to stressing the need to appreciate literature. The author, David Lane, has done the book in a style similar to what the prolific writer William Shakespeare did with his books. It is a professional book published on July 9 2017.

The book explains a French revolution that takes place due to discontentment by the rulers and the citizens. The revolution endangers even the King and Lewis the Sixteenth is not safe in his own country. There is the theme of Divine Providence and the French Revolution. The cover of the book did not captivate me and the use of archaic language is indeed not my thing. I am a firm believer in moving with modernity and the book highly appreciates history. I would rate the book 2 out of 4 for the mere fact that the Shakespearean style of writing is not my cup of tea.
ambitiouswriter
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambitiouswriter.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by ambitiouswriter »

Is there a button where I can give you a thumbs up? I love this review. Old English is quite a challenge for me but like you explained so well in your review, you can always learn something from it.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Eric Odhiambo
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Eric Odhiambo »

Sounds great....Good review, I would love to read this
abedbrandy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by abedbrandy »

The review was so on point. It makes one want to read the play.
It's good to have such books for people with a pronounced interest in the classics, sadly I am not one of them. :)
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by tamdlyte »

Holy Komoly... I bow to your perseverance! I opened the excerpt and my eyes glazed over! LOL The story sounds pretty interesting but at this time in my life, this book would be too much of a struggle for me to read! ;)
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

Wow! I love Shakespeare so it would be great to read this book! Thanks so much for the informative review.
eu19ge19ne
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by eu19ge19ne »

Thanks for your honest on the book and the good review. I am not a fun of play because when I read them it's difficult for me to understand. I love your review but this book is not for me.
jay8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by jay8 »

actually the review has gotten through me its impressive and interesting. .

Return to “Historical Fiction”