May BOTM - Featured Review: Save the Last Bullet for God

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Re: May BOTM - Featured Review: Save the Last Bullet for God

Post by TheTrueNyree »

Thank you for the review, it's very honest. I agree with time jumps in a story can be difficult or distracting at times, l am glad this was not an issue for you. Unfortunately, the plot does not sound like one I would be interested in reading. However, congratulations on BOTM.
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

Boy you suprise me, not. I wish the author was my friend. I really want to read this book. Good review.
safah26121990
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-safah26121990.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by safah26121990 »

This sounds REALLY intriguing. I would love to see how this story falls into place.
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

Judging from the title I thought the book was indeed an attack on religion. I'm glad this is not the case. It sounds a little to complex for my taste. I'll pass. Great review!
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

I have obtained a copy of Save the Last Bullet for God by JT Alblood and I'm excited. I expect this to be a fun read and according to rachel_jacks' May BOTM review, this is going to challenge people's perceptions of reality and history. This book is for fans of science fiction, conspiracy theories and occult. It will also draw in fans of the ancient aliens theory. Let's not roll our eyes at this as there is no need to completely agree or disagree. These are all theories and speculations used by the author to weave an intriguing mystery about mankind's origins and possible future. I have read the first few chapters, the Amazon summary and this review, and this book reminds me of Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum in terms of suspenseful plot and the use of history, unsolved mysteries and conspiracy theories to stir philosophical debates about who really Man is, and by extension, who his creator, God, really is. Enjoy!
Cardinalsparrow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cardinalsparrow.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Cardinalsparrow »

The book has a strong plot and the use of historical figures make it more appealing. Thanks for the review.
Some books are to be tasted , others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested-- Francis Bacon
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

Interesting review about alternate reality. It seems like a really difficult book to write, but the author pulled it off exceptionally well that it earned a perfect rating. Congrats to the author for winning BOTD.
Foluwa03
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Foluwa03 »

The narrative, despite the complexity of the subject matter, is solid and very readable.
If you're someone who enjoys fringe conspiracy, new age thought, and Jungian psychology, then this book is for you. I haven't enjoyed a book in this genre this much since Robert Anton Wilson's The Illuminatus Trilogy. It has depth, action, romance, and intrigue. Best of all, it takes place in historical settings and shines a light into some very interesting and dark rabbit holes .
Congrats to the author for winning BOTD.
Sanyesto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanyesto.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Sanyesto »

I just downloaded this book in hopes to join in for the May Book of the month. At first, when I read the annotation, I wasn't very excited. Didn't sound like my type of read. But now after your review, I can't wait for May. It sounds to me like a Doctor Who arc, lol!
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

I like this book becuase history is best to me for learning about different sites and places in the world also the history of the past world wars should be read by the reader.
Juliengurru
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Juliengurru »

I like such as this book, where we can find many idea, and difficult meaning of life, various conception, because the second reading will never be as the first one, so the challenge is to collect all sensitive points in the book.
Mary WhiteFace
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

Kill God? What an usual endeavor. Multiple timelines can be difficult to follow if not handled properly. Your review has sparked my curiosity. Save the Last Bullet for God is on my bookshelves. Well done. 💕
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I have to admit I am still very com+nfused about this book and I can make my mind about it. I don't read much sci-fi so I can assume this is not a book for me. Also, waiting until the last sentence to learn or understand the book is unusual. Good review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Deval Sodha »

The book takes the reader on a journey through time across the lives of many well known historical figures.
An awesome read.
The review is thoughtful.
Congratulations on Botd 🎉
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

Wao! I love this review. Even, the review contained a suspense :D . Never the less, I am not a fan of books like this. The book is great with the ideas, however i will pass.

Return to “Historical Fiction”