Review of The Diary of the Isolated

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Review of The Diary of the Isolated

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Diary of the Isolated" by Linda F. Petil-Richardson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jenna lost her mother after a brief sickness, and later on, she also lost her dad. Now she is left alone as she refused to stay with her elder siblings. Shirley brought her to a new home with other people with similar health conditions. Jenna remembered her imagination about her friends, Prot, Zat, and Thena. Jenna always daydreams, and she is usually lost in her world.

Jenna is in her world, and she talks about Mrs. Hitchcock, who tells people about the secrets of other people. On the day of the Flower Festival, she sneaked out to the forbidden forest without being caught. Jenna went deeper into the woods and realized she could not find her way home. In this new place, every creature and animal was hiding from the unknown. Finally, the fairy of the kingdom of Maneka, named Arian, explained to her how she is their only hope. Jenna is now on a mission to save the Prince from the evil witches and be able to return home safely with the help of her forest friends.

I found a lot of positive aspects in this book. The Diary of the Isolated by Linda F. Petil-Richardson is an interesting and emotional novel. It is about a young autistic teenager who usually drifts away in her world. From this book, I learned a lot about what it is like to be an autistic teenager. I was able to understand more about autism from the book. In this book, Linda explains how Jenna lived in the world she created. I learned things from this book, how Jenna was able to overcome her trauma and how she began to realize she belonged to the actual world and that the people around her loved her. The writing style used by the author is unique as Linda used Jenna's imagination to explain supernatural occurrences, which gives some life lessons. I learned about the importance of trust in a team through how Jenna and her friends trusted each other. The plot of this book is really interesting, and it is well-developed. I loved how everything was narrated, from how Jenna found the forest, how she encountered a lot of difficulties, and how she finally rescued the people. This novel is well-written and interesting, and I was glued to this book till the very last page.

This book is educative and interesting, and it was worth the time I spent reading it. Therefore I will be rating this 5 out of 5 stars. I am giving such a high rating because of the many positive aspects of this book. It was exceptionally well-edited.
I recommend this book to lovers of educative novels and also lovers of animal fantasy as this book contains such.

The Diary of the Isolated
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I wonder how autistic people imagined things, which I think this book talked about. Jenna was blessed to have supportive and loving friends. I wish all "Jenna's" in the world to be loved and supported. Your review is simply and beautifully written.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

This book title seems interesting, i will not hesitate to add it to my shelf so as to read it as soon as possible. Your review is great and pleased with it. Kudos
Bikesh9dahal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bikesh9dahal »

As a lover and a animal keeper i will keep this to read it later for sure. Seems very good to me
Natasha Kim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natasha-kim.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Natasha Kim »

This book is captivating. Jenna occasionally lost in her imaginative world and how she lived in the world she created. Her adventures in her world saving a prince and her trusted relationship with her forest friends sounds interesting. I loved that she overcame and realized she belonged in the actual world and was loved dearly.
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

It seems Jenna found a place where she belongs, where she could be of great help. I hope this forest helped her find some healing. Thanks for the review!
Ella Pira
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-omeke.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Ella Pira »

The title sounds interesting and your review is well detailed. I'll like to know how Jenna saved the Prince and returned home. I'll add this to my shelf.

Return to “Historical Fiction”